Weekend Rewind

December 2, 2013

Wow!  What a weekend! It was outstanding!!!

Thursday kicked us off wonderfully.  I woke up at 6am and got started in the kitchen.  I made veggie stacks (which were a big hit).  I wrapped fresh green beans, asparagus, and fresh carrot slices in little bundles with bacon and then seasoned them with a little Mrs. Dash seasoning and some olive oil!

Then I worked on the homemade macaroni and cheese.  Melted 4 pounds of different cheeses into a quart of heavy cream, added some seasonings and some boiled pasta, covered it with bread crumbs and set it to the side to start on desserts. 

By this time my kitchen helper (Isabella) was awake and ready to roll.  We made a banana nut cake, a German chocolate cake, some banana pudding, some homemade turtles, some chocolate chip cookies, some chocolate chip and pecan cookies, and some oatmeal and pecan cookies!!!

Before we knew it - it was late.  It was 11:30 in the morning and we still needed to load everything and so we took quick showers, got dressed and loaded up and headed over to Erica's for Thanksgiving!!!

I forgot to pack the folding table and the waters, so when I got there I dropped everything off and headed out to the store to buy sodas, waters, ice, and rolls!!  When I got back we said our family prayers and ate!  Everything was delicious!!!  We played a few rounds of loteria and then some CLR (cause nothing says Thank you - like gambling at the table! LOL). 

We had a wonderful time. We took some pictures with family before they al headed back out of town.  Check it out:





















I am so SO Thankful for my family.  I am thankful that we had such a great time together.  I am thankful that we are all healthy and happy and that our kids all get along well, that we can laugh at each other and hang out.  I am thankful that my sister hosted.  I am thankful for our parents coming into town to be with us.  To our cousins from Dallas and our Aunt and Uncle to come do Thanksgiving with us.  I am really happy knowing that this is my family and I love them all to pieces!!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!

Once things wrapped up at my sisters house we headed over to Ceci & Ray's house to hang out for a little while.  The kids had a blast paying Just Dance!!







We laughed and played for a little while then headed home.  Alec came home with us, and while I went straight to bed, him and Makaila stayed up talking and giggling for quit some time!!

I woke up when Danny got home the next morning and the kids were up (probably never slept) and ready to hit up Wal-Mart for a Black Friday sale!  I took Makaila and Alec to Wal-Mart and Target to look at a few things.  I really wasn't feeling the shopping this year!  Mainly because I am done with all my shopping (except Grandpa Limon, and my parents), but also because I have come to the realization that while it is fun (under the correct pretense) it is a big scam.  The prices are all available at the start of the week (some of which I took advantage of earlier in the week), and its just too dangerous to be out there when it isn't necessary!! I got most all of my black Friday deals online during the week (and was able to avoid the sleepless night, the crowds, the weather, all of it...and I love it!!

We came home and hung out for awhile, and then headed to the mall to get out of the house (so Danny could sleep).  We walked the mall and window shopped all day long.  Had lunch at James Coney Island, and then hit up Burlington.  We headed home at about 5, took showers and headed over to Sergio's house to hang out with the Limon family. 

We stayed for a couple hours and hung out, then the girls and I headed home to watch movies together.  When we got home our Elf on the Shelf book was out and ready to be read!  Isabella sat on the couch with me and we read the story and met our new elves (we got two - one for each of my babies)! The girls named our elves Bella and Sam. 


 We watched Pitch Perfect and had a few good laughs then headed to bed! LOL It was already past midnight and we were all tired! 

Saturday morning we got ready and headed out shopping with Tia Sammy.  We hit up a few stores in the Pearland Shopping area (which I had never been to), and I found some great things in Dillard's for my kitchen.  I decorated my table with place mats, napkins, and plates for less than $40!!  Check out the deals I found:




I found a 2 sets of 4 chocolate brown burlap place mats that were marked $5.00 the set, and then some beige burlap napkin sets in packs of 4 as well that were marked $6.00 a set, and then I found the perfect plates (the colors match my table and walls in the kitchen), and they were $5.60 a piece!!!  To make it all better it was all priced 50% off the original price and then an additional 50% off of that!!! I was super excited...although when I realized our car was parked on the total opposite end of the shopping strip carrying all this was not as exciting! LOL

But well worth it once I got home and decorated my table:

After our shopping trip we went to Angleton with Tia Sammy for a birthday party!  Isabella had a blast.  She made several new friends and jumped right in playing and having a good time.  I am so glad we went out there and the girls had such a good time!

We came home and then went out to eat with Danny to Lupe Tortillas.  We came home all stuffed and ready for bed!  And that's exactly what we did...went straight to bed!

Sunday morning, I woke up early and did a few loads of laundry then showered and got ready for church.  I woke the girls up and we all headed out.  Danny met us there for service and afterward I made everyone breakfast, and then headed over Erica's to hang out while Danny watched the game.  We worked on some Christmas lights and started to decorate the patio, and then Danny called so we headed home to take the girls to see Christmas lights in the Woodlands. We took the girls to the mall to hang out and then drove around looking at the light displays. 






We went to Trader Joe's and shopped around (bought a few groceries) then headed home and caught the end of our 1st 25 Days of Christmas Movies which was the Grinch!!


Once the movie was over and dinner was done it was time for showers and bed...we have to get back in our routine of school and work!

Church Notes:
What do you do When you Need A Miracle??
The 4 Roadsigns that lead to a Miracle:
1. Take the ONE WAY that starts a miracle
   * admit my need for help and for God
   * go to God - surrender to him and talk to him
2. STOP and assess what I already have
   * God always starts with what we already have
3. Make a U-TURN from the negative to the positive
   * 3 dead ends you hit when you face a problem
         - negative words
         - blaming others
         - worry
* If we prayed as much as we worried, then we would have less to worry about
* Miracles come at pivotal moments
* Sometimes it isn't about us ; we have to remember that we have impacts on others lives as well.
4. YIELD to God and pour your life into others
   * Look for empty vessels
   * Step out in faith
   * Expect God to come through

Step out of your comfort zone and trust in God to work a miracle in your life!!  Don't overlook the blessings in your life!

So now that we are all back to work and in the grind - I hope you have a great week...I 'll leave you with what our silly elves have been up to all weekend:

Day 1

They decided to ride our reindeer's antlers!!!
Day 2

We found Bella and Sam soaking in a plate of snow on our kitchen table!!!
Day 3

These two made friends with other toys in Issy's room and set up a good game of trouble in our living room!! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.