Happy Birthday Danny!!

December 10, 2013

Happy Birthday to my husband, Danny!

41 years ago today this handsome fella was brought into this world and from what I hear reaked havoc in far too many ways! 

I got to meet him at my best friends graduation party a solid 15 years ago and he gave me cheesy pick up lines.  Let me just say I was a naive little 17 year old high school senior ready to embrace the world and all it had to offer.  I was not interested in some old guy, or his good looks or his sly remarks. 

Apparently - God had other plans (funny how that works out sometimes).  I ignored him and as it turned out my best friend at the time (which happens to be his cousin, and next door neighbor) had a crush on his friend which meant that as a loyal friend I had to hang out with him and his friend so she could see him!

I was so mean and ugly and snooty - and yet he still liked me!  He took us out to clubs and watched as I danced and had fun (kinda creepy - but since he doesn't like to dance I just went with it).  Fast forward a few months and in October of that year we went on our first date (alone - no other couple, nothing).  We went and had dinner at Outback Steakhouse and then saw Enemy of the State at the movies!  (Funny thinking about it now since Danny isn't a fan of steaks or movies - he detest going to the movies!! LOL)  Afterwards we went to a party at his cousins house and I had so much fun.  I was still uncertain on whether I liked him or not - but I guess within the next year I made up my mind and fell head over heels for my old guy! We got married in February of 2000, had baby and kinda had to grow up a little! 

Danny and I have had a tremendous amount of ups and downs in our 15 years, but he is my better half.  He is the love I fought and still God blessed me with.  He is the amazing father to our two beautiful girls.  He is the man that cares for me when I am sick, who accepts me when I am at my worst and occasionally brings me to my best. 

Today on your 41st birthday Dan - know that I love you even when I hate you.  Know that you are my everything, even when I don't show it.  Your the old man I want to grow old with.  Your more than the man I prayed for our girls to be raised by (they couldn't have a better daddy), your the ying to my yang, the frosting on my cupcake, the cheese on my macaroni, the bacon to my eggs, the water to my ocean.  You are my everything!  Happy birthday to you!  I love you more than words can say and I hope all your birthday wishes come true (even the ones I make to have God help me keep you). 

 XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXXO - Sonia

PS.  It is also my sister Nancy's 40th Birthday today!!!!!!  HAPPY HAPPPPY HHHHHHAAAAAAAPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY 40th birthday to my big sister!!! I love you so so so so so so very much!  You are my inspiration and strength in more ways then you will ever know.  I hope all your birthday wishes come true and I can't wait to celebrate this special birthday with you this coming weekend!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.