Excited for Wicked!

July 24, 2013

Ok...so my birthday was a few weeks ago, and Danny surprised me with a pair of tickets to see Wicked.  I might have mentioned a few hundred times how much I REALLY wanted to go see this show, and what a great present it would be, and so forth! LOL He took the hint, so tonight...I get to go see Wicked at the Hobby Center. 
I am really excited about it.  Not only because I have heard wonderful things about the show; but because I am taking Makaila as my date.  I am really hopeful that she enjoys it and we can make seeing plays and musicals a regular thing for her and I, eventually Isabella too. 
When I was Makaila's age, I don't think I even knew what the Hobby Center was, or that the world of theatre existed.  It was not a part of my life growing up.  To be honest it hasn't been a part of my adulthood either.  My first theatrical show was  A TUNA CHRISTMAS at the Verizon theatre in 2002.  I got to see the show because I took a part time job as an usher for some holiday cash.  I LOVED it!!!!!  The only other show I can remember going to (with an actual ticket) was THE PRODUCERS in New York.  I LOVED that one too.  I don't know what it is exactly...but I felt so special.  I want Makaila to feel that too.  The shiver of excitement, the dressing up, the sense of prestige, the captivation.  I feel all those things, and I hope she really likes it.  (She was even trying on dresses last night...very cute)  Stayed tuned for how our evening turns out! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.