Weekend Rewind - Labor Day

September 2, 2014

Wooohoo..I had a short week.  I was off on Monday for Back-To-School Blues....then I was on Friday because it was my 9-80 Friday and Monday is a Holiday too!!!  Wohooooo for me!!

Friday morning..I took my babies to school - look how cute Issy looked!!


Then I came home and sat around the house until Danny went to bed.  Danny went to bed and I spent my morning starting the Quinceanera decor and doing some shopping.


 I went to Hobby Lobby to buy some glitter and paper, and other stuff, then I hit up the Dollar store (more like 1.15 store) by the freeway to see what I could find!!! Those places are so dangerous...hit or miss ...but when its a hit...its a hit on th e wallet too!
$70 later I left with tons of stuff...glitter, glue, cleaning supplies, hair rollers, candy, vases, acne treatment, windex pumps, toys....you get the picture!!

At noon I was in the car pool line ready to pick up my baby girl from school because she had early release!

We headed home to unload all my stuff, and then went to Culver's for lunch! She said she loved having alone time together so we can talk!! I love it too!

We left Culver's and hit up Ross, Specs (for boxes - not liquor), and the gas station before we got in the next pick-up line for Makaila!

Friday night was scrapbook night...so I started to pick up a bit! Margaret, Teresea, and Amy came by to do their layouts and place orders from the new catalog! While we did our layouts Isabella and Abby put together the goody bags for Isabella's birthday party!



Amy had the luxury of hosting Abby and Isabella's first sleepover after we wrapped up.  Those two fight like cats and dogs..but they were adamant they wanted to have a sleep over....so we let them!! Poor Amy......I was half expecting a call a couple hours later to come ad get Issy!!

By 9 scrapbooking was done and the kids called Makaila wanting her to spend the night...so I told her if she cleaned her room she could go.  It's amazing what a little motivation will do for a girl...that room was spotless by the time Karena, Carlos and Alec arrived!

The hung out with me a for a little while and then left me to my own demise! In the morning I woke up when Danny got home and we went for Breakfast at the Taco House (love that place)! I did some loading and packing and when Issy came home I sold Amy some hair bows, and then loaded the car to head to Ceci's house.  We had plans to work on Quinceanera stuff.

Danny stayed home doing things around the house while Issy and I headed out on a mission to be super crafty! We got to Ceci's and there was no one there!  So instead we off loaded all our stuff and took off to the Hobby Lobby in Pasadena.  I only found a couple of the glitter bottles at ours..so I was on a mission to find a few more.  I bought what I needed, then swung by my sisters to drop off a cupcake stand.  Issy decided to stay since they were having a birthday party for Nick and had the giant water slide going in the back yard!

I headed back to Ceci's and then we got started.  We spent the next several hours working on centerpiece ideas and painting bottles, and gluing and glittering until we were done!! We have 50 center pieces made for Makaila's Quinceanera in 10 months!!







They turned out so good..I was so happy with it all.  I have to buy 15 bags of clear stones, and 14 vases...but other than that...they are done..the stencils are cut, the bottles are glittered, the stands are painted!!  I am so proud of us.  I would most definitely not have been able to get this all done without Ceci!!  I am so grateful for her organization and motivation on the crafty stuff!!!! Not to mention the gracefulness of offering to keep it all at her house for the next ten months!!!

We wrapped up at about 8:30, and I headed back to Erica's to pick up Issy!!  She had a blast there and said she really liked Noe.  LOL  I guess her opinion matters...at least in her mind it does...so Tia Erica...you have Isabella's approval.

Danny ended up coming by Ceci and Ray's too (Ray made some smoked ribs...and they were great!).  We Danny, Issy and I headed home at about 10:30 - Apparently Makaila has taken up residency at Ceci and Ray's house on the weekends! LOL When we got home, Isabella was fast asleep..so I spent the next hour decorating the hallway by their bedroom for her Birthday Morning!!






I woke up early on Sunday morning and headed to Wal-Mart to get a few things I needed before Isabella's birthday Party!  Sunday my baby girl turned 7!!!!  Where has the time gone!!!

I bought a present for Carson and some cupcakes (I lucked out and they had some Frozen themed cupcakes out for sale - so I picked them up), and some party stuff.


I came home and Issy and Daddy were up and ready to go party.  They had Carson birthday Party at Top Golf...so I wrapped the gift and off they went.  I was ready for church so When Rose and Jade showed up we left to meet Ceci and the kids at the church!



Church Notes: 

The Power of Focused Relationships -- Target: Be all There

"Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.  The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself.  There is no commandment greater than these."                  Mark 12:30-31

Being all there involves: 
1. "All My Heart"  - My affections.  
* For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be.  
* Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
- Give your undivided attention  - tune out the social media, cell phones and focus on the people around you 
- Give constant appreciation - praise and show value to those important to you
* Place value on your relationships!!!

2. "All My Soul" - our emotions.  (When you care you get angry, or emotional)
- Don't be afraid to express your emotions
-Don't run from your emotions
- Don't rely on your emotions 
* Share with God your joys, your anger, your fears and your pain
* It takes a little man to belittle his wife 
* If you stuff your emotions down - it becomes bitterness. 

3."All my Mind" - Intellect.  Christianity is not beyond reason, it goes beyond reason!
- Ask questions  and don't assume you know the answers 

4. "All your strength" -  Actions 
- For love to be love it has to become an action 
- Faith without action is dead
- it is not the amount of your faith, but what you place your faith in. 

Once we left church we headed back to the house and loaded up for Isabella's party.  Everyone went to the mall and I went to the bank and then back to Chuck-E-Cheese.  Let the record show that I was early and ready for this things (That a rarity for me).

Her party was a hit.  She had a great turn out and had a blast!!! Look for yourself!!



















Once we wrapped up the party we went to cash in her tickets....she was given tickets from Alec, Carlos and Makaila...but all together she had 8,564 tickets!!!!! Crazy huh....she got a Barbie playhouse, some tootsie roll pillows, a make-up watch and some other small toys and candy!!!

Most of Dannys family came over to see her open her gifts and hang out for awhile.  Letty and Lonnie brought the kids over too....



It was a great Sunday! She got tons of great gifts and lots of money! Later that evening I took her to Bahama Bucks and it was so cute....they gave her a free snow cone for her birthday...but when they called her for it..they told the entire place that it was her birthday and everyone told her Happy Birthday and they lit a candle for her to make a wish and gave her a birthday card with a free coupon later...she felt so special!! She also got these Instagram love notes that made us all smile:




We headed back home and then cleaned up a bit before we went to bed!

Monday Morning - Issy woke up with the money itch (you know the itch kids get to spend any cent they know they have!!!).  We got showered up and ready to go and off to Target we went.  About 1.5 hours later we walked out with this load of goodies!


We headed back over to Ceci's house and worked on invitation ideas.  After awhile, we decided on the tri-fold invite and did a mock-up to determine our paper sizes.  Then I got started on the invite list! LOL That was a fun little task...I'm not finished yet!

We finished up there at about 6, and headed home to get ready for the routine of going back to work and school.

What a wonderful weekend!!  Have a great week!!!!!!!!!


 

1 comment

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    labor day weekend mattress sale

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.