Antique Week Weekend rewind

September 29, 2014

Oh my goodness...what a weekend!! I went to heaven this weekend.

Let me tell you that my work week was a tad dramatic.  I had a really bad day at work on Thursday, and as a result had to come in on my off Friday to get some things done.....but God is good.  I finished everything I needed early on Friday and then got home and prepped for Scrap booking night!

Margaret and Teresa came by and we all finished our pages and spent some time chatting and catching up! It was nice.  That evening Makaila went to spend some time with Krystal (since they go to different schools - they don't see each other often).  She ended up calling to ask if she could spend the night because they were going to go paint balling in the morning! LOL

Issy figured since she didn't get to see much of her Tia Teresea last week that she was going to go home with her and make the weekend of it...so she did!

Once the girls were gone and Danny was home from work he and I went to have a bite to eat.  We weren't too hungry so we opted on sharing an appetizer and a drink at Applebee's.  He hates those places, so it was a nice change of pace for us.  We sat in a booth at the bar and just chit chatted.  it also felt like a date....it was kinda cute! LOL

Saturday morning I was so excited I was up and running by 5:30 in the morning!!!  I showered, got dressed and then sat in the living room watching some of my Michael and Kelly episodes from the week! I got a little excited answering the trivia questions and woke Danny up..so he got up and ready and by 7:30 we were out the door Antique bound!!

I had read about this "Texas Antique Week" deal that was going on and I knew the Junk Gypsy's would be there and I have for a really long time wanted to go to their store....so since Danny was off he was kind enough to offer to take me....and I was super excited.

We mapped it and headed to Warrenton, Texas (I really didn't know what to expect...but Danny did more research then me and knew that it would be town after town of sites, set-ups, stores, tents, etc....)

Right past Brenham,....we saw our first set of tents.....and so it began.  We parked, got out and spent about 45 minutes just taking it all in...I bought a pair of old western boots with a lizard tip for $30!!!!
The excitement just went up a notch.

This is what I was surrounded by...











It was fabulous....once we walked around there we headed further into Warrenton.  Turns out that the whole highway we were one was miles and miles of flea markets, antique set-ups, shops, flea markets, etcs.  I was all smiles.  But wait it gets better.  Awhile back when we were in Austin, I asked Danny to take me to Round Rock to the Junk Gypsy store...he agreed, but when I looked it up I found out they were closed on Sundays...so my bubble burst.  Turns out I was way off...it wasn't in Round Rock...it was in Roundtop...which was only a couple miles from Warrenton!!!!

I was beyond excited...Danny agreed to take me to the Junk Gypsy Headquarters!!!  OH my Goodness....excited doesn't even begin to describe how I felt...I was smiling so hard my cheeks hurt...within minutes...we were there....








The place was packed....but Danny and I walked in and I took tons of pictures and started picking up things I wanted left and right!! I'm not kidding..it was a tad ridiculous now that I think about it! LOL

Danny walked through the whole store with me once (which took about 30 minutes because of the amount of people in there).  Then he politely said to take my time shopping and he would wait outside.  I did another two rounds in the store going back and forth on a few items then stood in the payline for an hour...so 2 hours later when I walked out of the store  to see Danny sitting in a chair under an oak tree I was pretty surprised to find he wasn't mad or frustrated or anything..on the contrary he was happy and ready for more!!!!

Let me just show you all the goodness there was in there...










Yes...that's me and the Junk Gypsy herself!  I suffered from a tad bit of celebrity shock! LOL

We drove further down the road, bypassing many many many stands to hit up a little quaint restaurant called the Oak.  It was fantastic....











The food was phenomenal but the view outside was even better....I love love love giant oak trees that canopy over one another....A part of me wished I had the girls with me cause the photo ops were fantastic!!

Once we were refueled we circled back into Warrenton, parked by Zapp Hall and got to shopping.  I bought a few things here and there but let me tell you that my most favorite part was spending the day with Danny in peaceful bliss.  His patience and virtue on Saturday was unlike anything else!  I am so so grateful to him for taking me, for him walking along side me never once complaining, or telling me..."you don't need that" or "that's enough" or "let's go" or "I'm tired"

I know....you are feeling a bit jealous...as you should be....but let me just tell you that I have been with this man for 15 years.  I have come to accept that marriage is not like Disney painted it out to be.  Marriage is hard, it is trying, it is ever changing, it tests your patience, your values, your goals....but it is well worth every tear, every heartache, every argument, every battle!! You will eventually grow old with your best friend!!!

My marriage to Danny has not been perfect, or easy, but it has been pretty freakin awesome, and with time it gets better.  We have in a sense grown together, we have learned from one another, we have changed with one another and learned to be what each of us needs.

I make it a point to appreciate Danny and tell him I love him , notice when he does the little things in life that can be easily taken for granted.  I thank him for cutting the grass, for taking out the trash, for taking the kids to school, for folding the towels, or whatever it is that he is doing.  I have found that while no one really wants to do the "MUST HAVES" of life, when you feel appreciated,...it comes more naturally and easily.

This weekend was a little sliver of his grace to me.  He was amazing all weekend...because he endured more hours of this after lunch:

























Meanwhile...we got some pics of the girls who were out and about having a little fun of their own:




After an entire day of walking and shopping...Danny and I headed home and I was exhausted and over the moon happy!  We drove out the country roads and headed home.



That my friends is a super happy smile! (Danny was talking not seething! At least I think! )

We got home Saturday evening and relaxed.  We finished off our night sitting on the couch sharing a blanket watching back to back episodes of Ellen!!  (I know - just when you though you couldn't be more jealous - I throw in Ellen! LOL) Yes...he watches Ellen with me!!!  Sorry ladies....it's true...he freakin rocks!!

Sunday morning I woke up early, started a load of laundry, and got ready for church. Makaila came home and got ready and off we went.

Church Notes: 
A Faith that's contagious
Part 4 of series: Be the Message 

"Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity.  Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone." Colossians 4:5-6

A COSTLY Christian - is a Christian who lives out their faith even when ti costs them something.  

A COMPASSIONATE Christian means you don't just tell people about Jesus you show them.  Turn up your compassion radar and look to serve others in a Christian way!!

"Let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly father" Matt 5:16

A COURAGEOUS Christian is one who takes the risk and shares the gospel of Jesus no matter how scary or uncomfortable doing that is.  There is a HUGE difference in believing and action! 

BE A RISK TAKER FOR THE MESSAGE OF HOPE!!

After church Danny, Makaila and I went to H-E-B for some groceries and then hung out at home watching the Texans game.  I'm not a big football watcher so I opted instead to sit on my new porch  marvelling in the beautiful weather and thinking about how awesome my weekend was.  Danny came to join me for a few minutes too!

This picture was from earlier in the week (But I wanted to give you a glimpse of the awesome porch Danny built for us to enjoy...it is awesome).

Teresea took Issy to the zoo, and shared some great pics...










Apparently the giants bugs are in town!! LOL 

While I was enjoying my porch time my sister called and asked if we  could bar-b-que...I asked Danny and he said okay.  She offered to pick up Issy and head over after the game.  Danny, Makaila and I went to pick up some necessities and after awhile Tony, Sam and Issy arrived.  Danny cooked, and it was delicious!! We all stuffed our faces!! LOL 

We sat around watching tv after and then decided we needed dessert...so off to Bahama Bucks we went.  Tony and Sam had never had it....so it was a must!! 

They were yummy!!
Then we sat on the floor and played a few rounds of Jenga:


It was a fantastic weekend overall!  I am so blessed!!  I don't take it for granted but I do give God my gratitude for all he does for us and gives to us!  I have a great life and while I sometimes struggle to see it or appreciate it....I know that God is good.  This weekend he was fantastic!!

I hope you guys have a great week and if you don't have plans Antique Week will be out in Warrenton Texas for one more weekend...go check it out..it is awesome!!

Love ya!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.