Weekend Rewind - Makaila's Birthday

June 30, 2014

Friday after work I came home to clean house and get ready for scrapbooking!

I had to create a fourth of July layout because I didn't go pick up the close to my heart layouts.  LOL  My faithful scrapbookers didn't seem to mind.  Margaret and Teresea came over and we did our layouts and chit chatted for awhile.  At about 8pm my neighbor Amy came by and we sat around having some girl talk and wine until about 1am!


I went to bed right after Amy left because Issy and I had a birthday party at 10 am...and I still needed to go buy a gift!

I woke up at 7:30 when Danny got home from work, and got showered and ready for the day, then headed out to Target to gift shop.  I got a few unnecessary things as is customary when going to Target, and then before I knew it, it was 10 am!  I woke Issy up and got her ready and we headed over to Jumpapalooza for Alex's birthday party.  It was mainly all the kids from her karate class which was nice.  Makaila started texting at 8 am - which was nice...she was up and happy as can be.  To this point too.....Gina had texted me in just about every state they went through to let me know their progress and when they arrived and everything so it was nice!!

We stayed for the whole party and afterwards, walked into the furniture store next door.  I bought a nice floor length mirror on a stand for Makaila and headed home.  We offloaded her mirror (which at this point Issy had decided was her birthday gift to Makaila). It was raining outside and Issy was zoned into the I-pad watching cupcake wars, so I decided to get crafty and make a new wreath for our front door.


   At about 2pm, Cristina came over with the kids.  My neighbors Sean and Nina went out of town on a couples weekend and asked me and her mom to watch the kids.  How can I not, after all she does for our girls!  They stayed with us Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon and it was a piece of cake!! They were so good.  They did the typical sibling bickering from time to time, but they never really cried or fought or anything...it was fantastic!

We played, watched tv, and then went outside to play with the other kids on the block, and by 9 the Webster kids were worn out!  I took them baths, gave Gracie some medicine (she was feeling warm), and they konked out by 9:30!








For the most part they slept though the night...but they are early risers, so by 6am - they were up.  Gracie still felt warm, so I gave her more Tylenol and we laid around all morning watching tv, until about 10.  I wasn't brave enough to take 3 kids to church with me alone....so I had to skip service this morning.  (I will log in later to get the message).






We all called Makaila to wish her a Happy Birthday - can you believe it...my baby girl is 14!!!!!!!!!

I missed her so freakin much while she was gone!  Nina and Sean came by for their babies at around noon, and Issy and I got into Birthday mode...we make birthday cupcakes and cake in teal and white (teal is her favorite color), we went and bought birthday banners and made posters and streamers and then blew up a gazillion balloons.  I went to the store and bought everything we needed for homemade lasagna (her favorite).  I got to making dinner and at about 7 our birthday girl got home!!!!!!!














We really had missed her.  She was so tired when she came home.  We ate dinner and she told us all about her trip.  Then we went to Bahama Bucks for a birthday treat.  We sang her Happy Birthday and ate some cupcakes, then hugged on the couch while we watched movies.




It was a great weekend.  We are a blessed bunch of folks.  Especially blessed on this fabulous weekend to be able to celebrate the 14th anniversary of the birth of our princess. Makaila is a strong, driven, faithful, beautiful girl that I am utterly prideful of.  She is a fantastic big sister.  She is healthy and happy and her laughter is a beautiful sound.  Her smile is contagious, her heart is gigantic and I love her to pieces.  Happy birthday baby girl!!  I hope all your birthday wishes come true and I pray you know how loved and appreciated you are!!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.