New Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 6, 2014

I was at work this afternoon - and I got a call from Danny letting me know that he bought a new truck!  I thought he was kidding but a few minutes into the conversation I realized that he was not kidding and my bug "Betsy" was officially traded in and he was driving a new truck home! 



Those exclamation point in the title were not reflective of excitement - it was more of a mix of surprise, anger, anxiety, anger, and pissyness.

I was so worked up that I decided it would be good to make a list of pros and cons to this to help calm me down and discuss with Danny when I got home.  I won't share that list with you because it is explicit and a tad too personal but let me just say there was one pro and about 9 cons!  LOL

I got home with the intention of talking to Danny in private about the big "truck in the room" but things unfolded a tad differently.  Makaila asked to go to a basketball game at school and he insisted I go with them to take her.  I refused and he insisted and that went back and forth until I caved and went.  But I was so angry that I ended up ranting and raving and screaming and crying on the way there and back and then for about a half hour after that. In the famous words of a fool Danny said " You are ruining happy truck day". 

We talked about it and made some headway in understanding each other and stuff - so that was great. 

Finally I got over it and we headed over to Steak night to celebrate Happy Truck Day (which is synonymous with Piss Sonia Off Day)!





My sister Sam was in the area so she joined us for steak night and it was great!

We came home and put the girls in bed and went to bed ourselves.  Anger can really wear you out! LOL So can making up! :)

1 comment

  1. Oh, my, I understand your frustration! Raised to pinch every penny and buy only when necessary, I was regularly confronted with similar challenges to your "Happy Truck Day" with my ex husband. He always wanted to buy new things, even when we had no money to spare. I'm glad that you were able to use the opportunity to talk to your husband.

    Kourtney Heard @ Hansen Adkins

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.