Weekend Rewind

February 24, 2014

Friday after work I went home to clean house a tad - because it was scrapbook night and the house was a mess!

While I was cleaning Amy came over to select some Scentsy items for her house!  At about 5 Scrapbooking started and we had a great turn out this month!  Margaret came and brought a new friend Andrea (hopefully if we weren't too crazy for her she will come back).  Amy stayed to scrap, and then Teresa came, and Cynthia and my friend Laura came this month too and brought her sister Teresa!  It was nice..we laughed and laughed and caught up on all sorts of fun stuff!

This was our layout for the month:


The girls stayed until about 11pm, and then Danny took me to Wal-mart to get what I need for our tournament in the morning.  I had signed up to bring an Alfredo pasta, and to volunteer at the sign in table at 7am!!

By the time I finished cooking, washing uniforms and showering up it was past midnight!! I set my alarm and then forgot to turn it on! LOL

Thank God for Danny  - he woke me up at about 6:20 and I got ready quickly and headed out. 

The tournament was great!!  Makaila's friend Zoey stayed the weekend with us so she has her own personal cheerleader. 

At about 10:30 both girls got called to the staging area.  With them both being in the juniors category and the same belt categories...they go at the same times just in separate groups (because they are based by age).  Lucky for us they were sent to rings that were side by side.  Danny and I kept an eye on both girls.  Issy's ring got started first, and they actually skipped her at first for forms, so I had to go talk to the judge.  

  

 She tied for first place with these two other girls, so they all had to redo their form!!



She did awesome and took first place!

Soon after Makaila's ring got started and she did her form.  She rocked it too!


 She did awesome and tied for someone for 2nd place.  They both had to redo their forms, and then Makaila was given 3rd place.  I think she did better than the other girl...but I am not a judge - so no one cared what I thought!

While Makaila was doing forms Issy got geared up for her sparring match.  I was shocked at how that went. She got a couple kicks in but spent most of her time moving away.  Usually in class she is hands on  non-stop.  She was upset to loose in her first round - but we were both very very proud of her. 



 Makaila's match started just a few minutes later.  The girls in her division we vicious.  She got a buy out on her first round, but the two fights that took place were crazy.  Both fights had an injury and had to be stopped for warning calls!  I was getting scared to spare myself, I can only imagine how Makaila felt.  She kicked butt but lost her first match 3 to 5. 



 Both of the girls cried (Which is very annoying because I was very proud of them and thought they both did great, and I don't like having sore losers - but I can understand how they felt.  I just wish they  were as proud of themselves as I was of them). 

We still had to wait for my age division to be called so we waited and waited and waited some more.  Meanwhile we walked around and watched other people from our school compete.  I swear with every sparring match I watched I died a little more inside. By the time I was called at 4pm, I was almost ready to cry because I was so nervous.  The people in all those rings I watched were going at it like mad men!! I was afraid of getting knocked out or kicked in the head like our last class tournament...and that was not a feeling I wanted to relive any time soon!!

My ring had 5 women that were camo and green belts ages 30-39.  My friend Melanie took 1st in Forms and I took Second place.  I was pretty happy considering every single women in our ring rocked their form extremely well!!!

Then the sparring came.  I got a buy for my first round (which I was immensely happy over).  My first match was good.  I got called on a warning call for kicking her in the back (in my defense I can't wear my glasses in my gear - so I couldn't see all the way - and I kicked her after a spin - so it was not intentional).  Immediately after my call - she got one for elbowing my in the face!  I didn't even realize she had done it, or that I had kicked her - I think my adrenaline was in over drive and I was just going like the Tasmanian Devil.  The fight was stopped and the judges told us that since we both had a warning - if we did anything else like that again that we would be disqualified.  Since I wasn't even sure what I had done at that point I just shook my head and kept going.  I ended up winning that match 5-4.  I couldn't tell you how or with what moves, but I was pretty happy!! I didn't get beat up.  I walked away to rest and a few minutes later realized my ankle was hurting like hell.  She had kicked my pretty hard.  I walked it off and got ready for my next match.

My school friend Melanie won her match so her and I were up against one another for 1st and second place.  I was pretty pumped still, so I got in there again and it went pretty quickly.  I won that match 5-0.  I took home first place in our sparring match and I was pretty freaking excited!  Not at all what I had expected!!

Danny took videos of  my match's which I watched later and was pretty damn proud of.  If I can figure out how to load them on here I will later. 

After my matches were over, we walked around a little seeing who from our school was left competing.  We took some pictures with Master Henderson and then headed home.  It was 5:30 - and we were all tired!!!





I had been promising Isabella that I would buy her an American Me girl doll from Target for about a month now - and I was draggin it out for as long as I could, but I had promised her if she got all Blues (no bad marks), in class last week that we would get it over the weekend - so of course I was Target bound after the tournament. 

We all showered up and got ready and at 8 we met Tony and Sammy at Chuy's for dinner. Her birthday is this coming week, but I will be out of town for work - so we decided to celebrate early!








After dinner we headed over to Max Bowl for their Cosmic Bowling event.  We bowled for a few hours and laughed and had a great time.  We hadn't been bowling , probably since Makaila's 9th birthday party we had there! LOL It was a blast.  The kids played arcade games and then we all bowled and had fun!







Finally at about 12:30 we called it a night and we went home and went straight to bed.  We were all exhausted. 

I woke up Sunday morning to a quiet house...everyone was still knocked out.  I got a load of towels going in the wash and waited until 9 to start waking everyone up.  We all got ready and headed to church for a great message. 

Church Notes:
Part 3 of Series Love & War - Battle for the Best
* Do whatever Jesus Tells you to. 
* If you never date a looser, then you will never marry a looser!
* You come into marriage as two broken people - the start is not the best because the best is yet to come. 

How to fight the battle:
1. Admit - admit that you need Jesus in your relationship!  Ask Christ to be the center of your marriage!

2. Submit - leave your arrogance and stubbornness out of the equation. Trade your pride for love, marriage is not a business agreement.  Marriage in the biblical sense isn't 50/50 but giving all of yourself to fulfill the needs of your partner and doing so with God in the center!

3. Omit - Take the bitterness out of your relationship.  You can rub things in or rub them out!

4. Commit - Commit your marriage to the Lord

The roles of Husbands and wives:

Husbands have two roles: 1. Sacrificial Lover - looking to meet her needs ahead of his own. 2. Spiritual Leader - Putting the importance of God in our family

Wives have two roles : 1. Spiritual Encourager - be his cheerleader in everything. Support him and show him you are a team.  Be a bragger not a nagger! 2. Unconditional Respecter - Respect your spouse always.  Set that example for your household and honor him as the king of your home with your respect always!!!

After our message they aired a video interview of Mark Burnett and his wife whose new movie Son of God comes out this coming weekend!  We watched the trailer and then to our surprise heard that our church had bought all the tickets for opening weekend to giveaway to all of us to go see it and take a friend with us!! 

We got our movie tickets and were pretty excited. 

Church was great - but I have to point out one thing.  The best part was not the message or the free movie tickets or the praise and worship- which I  love), or even that we were all there as a family - which I have mentioned before is the greatest feeling ever.  No this week was different.  Aside from having an awesome weekend so far and being in church with my family, something else captured my heart and made me feel so incredibly special and loved.  At church this week, after the message when we bowed our heads to pray, Danny held my hand.  I know that seems like nothing to some one of you , but to me it was the best most favorite moment in all our 14 years of being together!!!!!

It was a moment that I will freeze frame in my mind as the greatest most cherished moment of my life.  Now don't get me wrong - It's not the first time he holds my hadn - we hold hands all the time. 

To have him hold my hand in church and join me in prayer is an answer to a prayer I myself have prayed for years and years.  I couldn't stop the tear from rolling down my cheek or the somersaults I felt like my heart was doing inside my chest.  Silly I know - but I was and still am so so incredibly happy over that!

After church we headed home and I made us a big breakfast.  We had bacon, hasbrowns, eggs, tortillas and stuffed our faces.  We watched tv for awhile and did some laundry then we all loaded up and headed to Ace Hardware for some weed and feed.  That place is dangerous - it has a little boutique right in the middle and has such awesome stuff!!

Danny worked on the yard while I sat on my butt watching tv! LOL

I took the girls to Sonic for happy hour and then got my car washed.  I made mole and rice for dinner and watched American Hustle (one of the boot legs I bought a few weeks back on Harwin).  It was pretty good.

I cleaned up the kitchen and then it was lights out.  We all went to bed after showers and prayers. 

My weekend was great for a number of reasons.  I was with my family, we had a blast bowling and competing and laughing and having a good ole time.  We went to church together and it was great. 

I am one blessed blessed woman!  There is no doubt! I hope you have a great week; I'll be out of town for work until Thursday - so say a little prayer for my household and safe travels for me! 

And start your day knowing that we love you and care for you more than Chocolate cake - and everyone in our house LOVES chocolate cake!!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.