Weekend Rewind

February 3, 2014

Woohooo....This makes a solid month of Fridays off!!!!  I am really really liking this.  It's my 9/80 Friday and so long weekend once again!

Talk about happy.  Thursday night when I went to bed, Danny said I could sleep in late and he would take the girls to school.  My body must not have heard him cause by 5:45 I was wide awake and there was no chance of me getting back to sleep (damn my stupid internal clock)! I asked him to turn off his alarm and got the girls up and ready for school while I picked up around the house.  The girls got to school and I came home to tackle some laundry.  At about 9:30 Danny got up and decided to make reservations at Perry's Steakhouse for lunch.  We both showered and got ready and off we went on a date day!

We both got the Perry's Pork chop lunch and it was amazing!! We also got the house augratin potatoes which are melt in your mouth delicious! I was in big girl heaven! LOL

And look how cute my lunch date looked...

Our lunch looked pretty damn good too...

We enjoyed our lunch and since we were outside Memorial City mall we decided to go walk some of our lunch off.  I'm lucky (or maybe not so lucky) to have married a man who loves to shop almost as much as I do! LOL

We headed into Dillard's and separated to look at different departments.  After about an hour Danny came to find me in the shoe department and sadly had found nothing for himself.  I on the other hand had some scarves, hats, and shoes to model for him.  He nixed the hats and so I ended up buying two pairs of heels, a belt and two scarves...but I didn't even spend $100.....not bad huh!

I didn't take pictures of my buys but the shoes were the best!! They are gorgeous and they were on sale from $89 to $29...plus an additional 30% off!!!! I paid less than $20 for each pair...and I loved them. 

We walked into the mall and decided to get the girls a little present each.  We went to James Avery and bought Makaila a ring she has been eyeing and saving up for, for quit some time.  I knew she would be super excited if we got it for her...so we did. 

We then headed over to American Girl with the greatest intention of buying Issy a doll.....then we got there and saw the prices and decided to just bring her home a catalog!  WHAT THE HELL...Those freakin dolls are $100!!!!!  And that's just the doll....I still have to buy her clothes and accessories....I think NOT!

I'm sorry - but I just can't bring myself to spend that kinda money on a freakin doll!  That is just plain crazy!!  When are people going to realize that just because things cost an arm and a leg doesn't mean you have to buy them....they do and then prices sky rocket.....to levels of absurdity....American Girl is a perfect Example of that!!!!

Instead we got her a Sofia the First dress up kit (to be honest I remembered that it was still in my closet - we forgot to wrap it at Christmas time).  So we headed home to our babies and picked them up from school to get them home to their surprises.  It made for a great Friday night!

These were the reactions:


Makaila was all smiles

Issy took her clothes off immediately and got in Sofia mode
And Danny - Poor Danny didn't get anything!! LOL

Friday night was scrapbooking night - so Teresea and Margaret came over to create this beautiful layout:

Danny meanwhile took the girls over to his moms for awhile.  Issy wanted to go spend time with Teresea, so she waited for her at the house until they got back.  Meanwhile we ate leftovers and we chit chatted and I ordered new Scentsy stuff!!

When they got back Issy went home with Teresea and we all went to bed! LOL

Saturday morning when I woke up it was before 7am!!  Uhhhhhh- I'm tired - why wont my stupid body let me just sleep late.  Instead I woke up and decided to deep clean my restroom.  I am talking toothbrush to the base boards, ajax and toothbrush to the tile grout,....the works.  I literally spent 3 hours deep cleaning my restroom.  Then once I was done, (marked by another pair of my good workout pants getting bleach stained), I started to tackled some laundry.  It was about 11, when Makaila finally woke up and decided to make me breakfast.  She made us egg tacos and some banana shakes.  I got this crazy hair brained idea and got excited so we wrapped up our cleaning and got ready to head out. 

We called Tia Sammy and picked her up on the way to try on Quinceneara dresses! LOL I know - we still have a year and a half- but I wanted to get Makaila excited and quite honestly I wanted to get a better idea of what we were going to be spending on this said dress! LOL

We had a freakin blast!! She tried on dress after dress and we stopped at shop after shop...we did this for hours!!! Even Sammy tried on a few dresses! LOL  To say we laughed and laughed is an understatement! We had the best time...see for yourself:














 The reality of seeing Makaila all dressed up in her dress options was a pretty big blow!  My beautiful baby girl is growing up WAY too fast!  I don't like it at all.  But I am so glad we spent the day doing this because we had a great time and we needed this to get us motivated a little more! LOL

We dropped Tia Sammy off that evening and headed home to watch some bootleg movies we bought over off Harwin! LOL

Makaila and I stayed up and watched Ride Along and then Last Vegas! LOL  Both of them were really good and funny.  I was happy with our purchase.  We spent $20 on 7 movies...so our money was well spent...I don't think the both of us could have gone to the movies and seen one movie on $20 much less 7 of them!

Danny was in bed and sleeping by the time we were done so we quietly shut it all down and went to bed. 

Sunday morning Makaila and I headed to church!  They were closing up the series on living balanced (based on the 23rd Psalm)

Church Notes:
Miracle in the valley of fear
How to Overcome fear-
1. Stop Fretting and Remember God is for you! 
His word said - If I am for you then who dare be against you!  Even when you feel alone or outnumbered, know that God is with you and for you so who can be against you!  He doesn't bring us this far to abandon us or let us down. 

We have to have the confidence and not be afraid of what the future holds because we know he plans our future!  God can make a way even when it seems like there is no way!

2. Stop fearing and give the battle over to God.
Most times we are fighting battles that aren't ours to fight!  Know that he is not only with me but in me and fighting for me!

3. Stop fighting and position yourself for a miracle!
"But you will not even need to fight.  Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lords victory" vs. 17a
Have an attitude of prayer rather than worry
Have an attitude of thanksgiving rather than complaining

Stop grumbling and complaining - give thanks and praise to the blessings God is bringing you! 

Be in the blessed zone not the stressed zone.

After church Makaila and I headed over to the nail place to get manicures and pedicures - we were taking this mother daughter time serious! LOL

OK - get ready to laugh your butt off!  Let me take you through what happened next! This kinda stuff only happens to me!  I was feeling really cute in some skinny jeans with some tall wedges, a fitted tee and a cute little military jacket.  Word to the wise - NEVER wear skinny jeans to get a pedicure!

I had hell getting the pants to go over my calves so they could work on my feet and massage my lower legs!  But I got them to come up after much pulling and tugging and all that good stuff.  We sat there for the next hour getting pampered and loving it!   Afterwards...I didn't even attempt to pull my pants back down.  Instead I headed over to the restroom thinking that if I pulled them all the way down it would be easier!  That didn't work!!!
I couldn't get my pants to come down...instead they came down just enough to start to really hurt and cut off my circulation. At this point I started to panic because it felt like my leg was going numb!!  I told Makaila not to panic, but we needed to go straight home immediately and get my pants off!!

We drove straight home..and she pulled and pulled and pulled.....



That didn't work!!!! I was starting to freak the hell out!!  We had to get scissors out and cut the bottoms of my pants off to get them to go over my calves!!!

Let me show you what my legs looked like!!!!



It's funny - but that crap freakin hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a good things my little sausage toes looked so pretty: LOL


Once the pants fiasco was over Makaila and I headed out to an open house that a Hall was having.  It was great!  We checked out the place and ate food, and sampled different cakes, and talked to a photographer and the works!  While the place was outrageously over priced ($22K), it was a fun experience.  Take a look:











Once we finished enjoying all that lovelyness, we headed over to Ceci and Rays's to watch the Superbowl!

We sat there and ate and laughed and the best part of the whole Superbowl this year was the half time show ~ the game was a total joke!










After superbowl was over we headed home and did showers and prayers and got into bed!  It was a great weekend!  I'm so grateful that Danny works as hard as he does to provide for us.  I am grateful for Teresea loving Isabella the way she does and spending time with her to allow Makaila and I time together to bond.  I'm grateful that we are surrounded by family that loves us. I am trully trully blessed and weekends like this just make it abundantly clear!  I love it.  I hope you have a great week - stay warm!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.