September 2017 Recap

July 24, 2018

Ok - so Hurricane Harvey was still in full effect at the start of September.  School was canceled for the first week pending the damages, and the city was still on lock down.  Thank you Jesus - we were still in the clear with no damages to our home, or flooding.  Unfortunately many of our friends were affected by the rath of Hurricane Harvey.  Everyone was stir crazy from being locked in our homes, and the kids were going postal!  Given the rain had stopped and people were busy assessing their damage and trying to get back to their homes, we decided to go ahead a have Izzy's birthday sleepover in hopes of getting some of the kids some fun time, and letting their parents get themselves together.  The store I ordered her cakes from was the Kingwood HEB which at this point was under 12 feet of water!  The bridge to get to Kingwood and everything in that area was completely flooded!  Our friends Melissa and Keith had water damage to their garage, other friends had damage in their homes, some were evacuated by boat (the Tolley's), my co-worker Liz had 6 feet of water in her home, it was just unreal!  I'm telling you the heartache of watching things on the news, hearing from friends and not being able to get to them to help was just horrible!

To clear our minds and attempt to get some type of normalcy going in our home - we decided to take a few kids and celebrate Izzy turning 10.  Since the cake I ordered was a no go - I took to facebook to find someone to make her a unicorn cake.  A sweet lady in our area offered to make it and then refused to let me pay for it since she just wanted to do something to help during this crazy time.  She said if she knew she was able to bring just one smile to someone through a  cake - it was totally worth it!  God bless her!  So I took to making candy apples, chocolate covered oreos, sugar cookies, and everything else Izzy wanted and called a few friends who were ok and whose kids needed to get out of their house and could safely...and we had a party!


  



 
 


  




  
 
 
 These girls danced and laughed, made slim, sang, danced, made more slime, ate lots and lots of sugar and they had a blast!!  Their joy was a tad contagious and it most definitely helped to lift some spirits!  I know it sounds crazy to be celebrating like this with all the devastation going on around us - but I chose to enjoy the life we were blessed with.  To be grateful for our blessings, our health, our safety and that of those around us.  Not everyone was unscathed...but we were and that my friends is something to celebrate! 

By Sunday the 3rd, some of the main roads and freeways were cleared for driving and we were able to make it out to my in-laws to check on them and the area around them.  While there were several rescues that took place in JC, they were safe.  Water got all the way up to their doorway but never broke the barrier (THANK YOU LORD).  We picked up some WWE stuff on our way out and took a cake with us to celebrate Isabella turning 10 with our family. 

 



She was so happy with her Divas cake!  I think this was her "BEST BIRTHDAY EVER".  And given the possibilities of what could have been so so different...I'd say this was the Best birthday ever too! 

Everyone was feeling stir crazy due to Harvey and Julissa invited me over to play rummy...and I went!  The adult time laughing and playing cards was a welcomed distraction!



Monday came around and while it was Labor Day, the Hurricane Harvey damage was still under surveillance!   Kingwood High school had so much damage that they were going to be closed for another 2 weeks to find someplace else to hold classes!!  Fortunately the girls schools were ok, and classes were scheduled to start back for the new school year on Tuesday!  So I started making back to school signs and getting back packs prepared! 




 

 
 
 Makaila was first out the door.  Driving her new car to school as a SENIOR!!!!  OMG - I am not going to lie.  I cried as I watched her drive away!  I'm so proud of her and so afraid of the future, and how fast its coming!  I had to get myself together to get Izzy ready to go! 
 

 

 

 
 My big girl was ready to go as a 5th grader!  Can you believe it.  Time has gone by WAY too fast!  She is a 5th grader.  I think this may be the last picture I get of her daddy walking her into school for the first day of classes!  I LOVE THESE PICTURES!!  He is such a  good daddy.  I'll tell you right now...he makes her lunch, takes her to school every day, and helps fix her hair and iron her clothes...he is a good good daddy!

 We walked her all the way to her desk, got a picture with her teacher and then headed off to work!


  All that birthday money she got did not go to waste...(at least not in her eyes).  She spent a lot of it on the WWE website, buying t-shirts to support her favorite wrestlers! 

At work we had a bridal shower for Erin. 




We also went to a few more Astros games in September.  These guys were on fire and we were loving every minute  of it!  Going to Astros games is one of our favorite things to do!  Especially when they are on fire like they were here! 



 

   Cole even got to come to a game with us, and then the Colon's came home with us from that game too....the more the merrier! 
 

 About mid-month we got together on a Sunday after church to celebrate all the September birthdays!  There was a lot of cake, and we were surrounded by people who were healthy and loved....doesn't get much better! 

 The rest of the month was pretty low key.  People were still trying to get their lives back in order, most places were opened back up and those that weren't able to, were either shut down for good, or starting from scratch to rebuild!  Meanwhile - the stores that were opened were gearing up for Halloween...and Izzy was trying on all the costumes (in the store mind you). 

 

 

 We got back into the groove of things with dance, senior stuff, stucco stuff, laundry, and church! 
 
 The Edwards joined us for lunch one day after church and I had to get some pics of these two...my how the times how flown by!  Our babies are SENIORS....they are all grown up!
 On the 29th , there was a school pep rally going on and my baby wanted me to go...and who am I to say no.  I was off from work, and I went!  I made shirts for us to support our favorite AHS football player and cheered my little heart out!  I love that she invited me to go!  I'm special! :)

I got to see the kids doing the morning announcements
 






 

I even went to the football game later that night (she wasn't too happy about that move though! LOL)


 We ended of September 2017 in our favorite way.  Driving around trying new places! Danny told us about an ice cream place and took us to try our first Twistee Treat!  It was super yummy! It's sitting outside in moments like this laughing at each other and eating ice cream that I love the most. It's a beautiful reminder of all our blessings and God's goodness!   
 
 
  


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.