July 2017 Memories

July 23, 2018

Our July started infused with Joy. I spent Saturday the first with my sisters, celebrating Makaila's recent birthday, and shopping and laughing.




They brought Makaila gifts and then we shared cupcakes.  Sunday morning Erica and Sam and Emily came to our church with us for service!  That made me happier than words can portray! After the game they went home and we went out to lunch, and then home to watch the Astros game, then to Costco, and then my in-laws to play loteria!



We were off work for 4th of July and spent our day at Ernie's in the pool.  Isabella made jello deserts and Makaila and I started back up on Season 7 of Blue Bloods!




 The rest of the week went by in a flash.  Had bible study, Makaila babysat & did her English work, Izzy had dance, and work, and laundry like usual.  Thursday Lanice brought me a Brusters Ice Cream cake to work....and it was beautiful..I took it home to celebrate my birthday over the weekend!  

On Sunday I turned 37!  Thank you Jesus that I am healthy, I have a beautiful family and I am your daughter and growing in you and your word more and more each day!  I am excited for what you have in store for me for I know they are plans to prosper me and bring me joy!  Danny and the girls gave me cute cards and gift cards and some workout clothes and pj's.  we headed to church and lunch at Los Compadres in Huffman.  We watched the game then headed to my in-laws to play.  My MIL was once again dishing out the ugly...but I didn't let her win...I prayed for her instead of cursing her and still had a good time and won a few games of loteria!  I took my birthday cake to share and called it a night.  

The next week was All Star week so we spent our evenings watching the home run derby, the All Star game and our usual weekday to do's.


Later the next week we went to a farewell dinner to celebrate Aubrey.  She has been Isabella's best friend for years and while it breaks our hearts to see her go we are super excited about what Arizona has in store for her and her family. 


We bid them farewell at Cracker Barrel with a big group of their friends, and Makaila was even sweet enough to make them a farewell video of their friendship....it was beautiful and had us all in tears!






 
 



This dinner was so special and it had us all in tears especially Izzy who is already missing her best friend like you couldn't even imagine!  We will be praying for the Campbell's and hoping to see them all often! 

This year I was celebrated A LOT! We met Teresea for dinner to celebrate both Makaila and I's birthday's since we hadn't seen her in awhile.  She was a sweetheart and brought us a delicious cake!  Then my bible study group took me to lunch for my birthday to Torchy's in Kingwood and then to the movies!  They brought me gifts and cake and celebrated me and I am so so grateful for these people.  They love me and I love them back!  Life is good!!
 
 




I got to work on Monday July 17th only to be told that I was not allowed to enter the building.  Scary - but once I asked a few questions to security and woke a few people up (since it wasn't even 6 am), I found out that our building had a leak and was flooded therefore no one could enter.  I lingered around until about 9 am when they told us all to head home for instructions.  It turned out to be  a GIANT flood that caused the building to be shut down for a week in order to relocate us all and do damage control.  Talk about some craziness!  I am grateful for my job, their preparedness and flexibility.  So for that entire week, I did all my work from home...and caught up on laundry too!

On the 17th Danny scored free tickets to the Astros game - so we went and enjoyed it!  We love us some Houston Astros!!!





 This week was a tad hectic with the building flooding and all the chaos but we made it...and had plans to go to the River - and relax...and that's just what we did!


We loaded up our river stuff and headed out on Saturday morning!  We spent the entire day enjoying the sun, good friends, and good food.  We were joined by Ceci and her family, Sergio and his family, Johnny and his family, Juan De La Cruz and his family, John and his family, and lots of other people.....it was so much fun! We floated down the river, jumped off the ropes (well at least Izzy did), and drank and ate to our hearts content! 





 On Sunday we headed home early because we had a few pit stops planned.  I love that Danny is such a foodie and takes us wherever just to try food places he has read about!  We stopped over in Driftwood for lunch at the Salt Lick - which is always a favorite!  It never disappoints.  The atmosphere and the food are always GREAT! 




 


 Once we got our fill of BBQ, we headed into Austin to try a place he read about called Gourdough's.  It was a deluxe donut eatery...and it was Fantastic! 
 We ordered several donuts and ate them in the rain!  It started to sprinkle while we were out there - but these things were so good - a little rain didn't stop us.  We tried several of them, and then drove around and took some pictures by some of the Austin graffiti walls and signs....too cute!!!















Back at work - we relocated to another floor and tried to get back to business!  They got that under control quick and it was like we never skipped a beat! 

I went to the main campus church with Chanda on Friday night to see the Case for Christ movie - and I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be.  I think it moved too fast through the story for me - but I would still recommend it if it will teach someone anything about Jesus! 
Since we have been to several Astros games and collected several Plucker's coupons - we took a big group of 15 to Plucker's and cashed some in followed by shaved ice in China town!




 
 
 

It was a busy month - but a great month!  Summer went by so fast but it was a blast!  We spent it making great memories and eating some good food!!! Hope you enjoyed it and will come back for some more great memories!  Girls - you are loved more than you could ever imagine, blessed beyond measure and I hope that you know - not everyone lives like this - so be grateful!! 





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.