October 2017 Recap

July 24, 2018


OK - so October 2017 was the month of the Astros.  Their win streak was on fire and they were ALDS bound!  We went o MANY games and spent lots of money - but it was a welcomed change to not only the Astros league history but to Houston as a city following the Harvey craziness!  Houston strong patches were added to the uniforms and our boys were at it!!
 
 
 I finally got my much wanted heat press (Ceci and I bought it together) and my shirt making madness was in overdrive!!!  We tested it out with a Senior shirt for Makaila....not too shabby!

I had this feelings when we went to the game on 10/5 that this was our year...and boy was I right.  I even took a pic of the Boot from the Texas Series because this was our year for ALL the wins!! The stadium was jam packed with fans just trying to cheer for something good!  It was the greatest feeling ever.  I can't even describe to you what that place felt like - and it wasn't even the end of the season yet - but everyone was revved up and loud and it was awesome!!!
 





School was back in full swing and Makaila and her friends got into the habit of doing homework at our house.  I kinda loved it.  Coming home to a house full of kids is not my cup of tea if you know me....but this was great!  It was like I go ta front row seat to watch some of the greatest memories in her life time unfold. 

  In October TJ had a birthday and they had the cutest Toy Story themed party at the park! 
Loved it!! Isn't Annaleah the cutest little cowgirl EVER!
 
 

 
 
 







 
 We had good fun at the park that day and then the next day threw a little wedding showers to celebrate Fidelito and Lupita's wedding!  It was cute!


 
Of course by this point things were getting serious and there was no chance of missing an Astros game now - they were series bound baby! 
 

 


The Astros officially made it to the post season and the frenzy began.  Let me just warn you now - the suspense was AMAZING.  These games were the best baseball I have watched my entire life.  I know I am biased because I love the Astros - but when people said that Houston deserved this win - nothing could be truer.  People were struggling to get their life together after the Harvey madness.  The city was glum, and desperate and these boys were on the field giving it their all and bringing joy to our city in a time of need!  Baseball is America's sport and the Astros played with so much heart and love for their fans - it was SUREAL !!

And you already know I was like the mad woman standing in the lines at Academy after games ready to be the first to buy my Astros Post season gear! I was so ready!!!!

 

This was a cute reminder of Makaila's senior memories.  Ricky is a good friend to her and we have so much love for that boy!  I told her how much we love him and she stopped us real quick with the - don't get any ideas, he's like  brother.  So, for the rest of the school year he was her brother!   

I was determined to be there to cheer my Astros on!!

Meanwhile back at High school, Makaila was steady making her Senior year memories.  I was able to attend the Senior Pep Rally (although this time she wasn't that excited to have me!) But boy was it fun.  She also got a boyfriend names Roman and some friends of hers helped me out by sharing some adorable pics of them at school and at games.....is that not the cutest thing ever!  My momma heart was so happy for her...although I didn't really know the guy at all or much about him...I was just excited to see her embrace a relationship since she is such a recluse!  Mind you - this excited momma was ready to pounce like a mighty MOMMA BEAR if anyone hurt my baby....but I kept my crazy tucked in and let do her!
 



 
 
 
Clearly Ricky was having some fun during his senior year too!

Over at Timbers Isabella was gearing up to run for Student Counsel...she worked hard on this poster - and it worked because she was chosen to represent her class for Student Counsel her 5th grade year!!!
 
 

Meanwhile I was hosting a sign making party with a bunch of ladies - and the Astros were playing in the ALDS against the Boston Red Sox!!!  While my ladies painted and drank I mingled in between innings because I was playing the game on my phone!  Terrible I know.....but I couldn't stand the excitement.  By this time it was already game two and they had won the First game the night before 8-2......how could I not watch!  Thankfully game two went off without any trouble and they won that one 8-2 also! 
We had fun and I loved my sign to hang in Izzy's room - this is the chorus to the song both the girls would come home singing when they were in pre-k!  I loved to hear those words come out of their mouths, and truth be told I still sing it to them when they seem to have forgotten!
 The Astros were off on Saturday but Sunday they were back to game 3, however they lost to the Red Sox 10-3 - it was terrible.  No worried though because the next day they came back to clinch the ALDS 5-4!! OMG - THE SCREAMS THIS PRODUCED IN OUR HOSEHOLD WERE UNREAL!!

With the ALDS won and anew trip to Academy for shirts and hats - we were ready to face the Yankee's in the ALCS!!!  Bring it on sukas!!!

And I'll give you one guess as to who made a pit stop after this win for MORE t-shirts and banners....

THIS GIRL!!!!



Meanwhile in the high school senior front it was Homecoming week and of course in Makaila fashion she waited until the day before Homecoming pep-rally to decide she actually did want a mum - after weeks of protest against it!  On the Roman front - he asked her to Homecoming with a cute Lacrosse bouquet and a sign in front of everyone - which while I thought it was freakin' adorable - she was so embarrassed!  Attention is not her strong suit.  She accepted and then panicked because she would be so busy with STUCO stuff and didn't want to disappoint him - so she told him to make other plans and he did! So back home the night before homecoming we hit up Michaels and made some mums!  The girls were in hog heaven - and truth be told - so was I!!!
 
 
 
 
 

 I went to the Homecoming peprally because Ricky invited me to see him do the Senior dance!  Too stinking cute...he killed it! I love being there to capture these memories for Makaila.  I hope when you are thirty looking back on this and you are mad at how annoying I am with the grandbabies that you remember how much I loved you and was there for you in your moments too! 







 





During homecoming week we were super excited to find out that Ricky was nominated for Homecoming court.  He asked me to walk with him on the field.  While I was honored to be there for him it also hurt my momma her that he didn't want his momma to do it.  Don't get me wrong - I love Ricky - but as a mom It would kill me to have my baby want someone else.  I know cultures are different, and not everyone is as involved (mettlesome) as I am with my girls - but it lead to a lot of prayer for him and his family!  Needless to say I told him I would absolutely be honored and I was.  I bought a new dress (or 5) and let him pick which one I would wear.  While he didn't win Homecoming king - I walked that field on his arm so so proud of him!!



With a successful Homecoming behind us - the kids got ready for a Homecoming Dance and outing.  They went as a group of friends and all gathered at out house for this mommas mandatory pictures...thank you Jesus that they do what I say (sometimes) and indulge my overbearing momma tendencies!!!

 They all looked so adorable!!!
OH BE STILL MY HEART!!!
I too was headed to a Halloween party with Julissa and Jenny out inConroe...an adult dress up party that was a blast!! Danny stayed home watching the Astros game (little did he know I was glued to the TV at the party watching too!!)  It was game two of the ALCS series against the NY Yankees and we won Game one 2-1 and that night we took game two 2-1 as well!!!  The excitement was out of this world!!!


 

 The rest of October was revolved around senior memories and BASEBALL!!!!

Makaila sent me this picture of her and Ricky carving pumpkins at Pastor Daniels during Senior Bible Study night (OMG - you have no idea what joy it brought me to know she was going to these)
Danny was so pumped about the Astros that he let me buy ticket to the ALCS games here in Houston and I didn't need to be told twice!  I bought them and we went.  The rest of the ALCS went down like this:
Game 1 on Oct 13th Houston won 2-1 over the Yankees
Game 2: on Oct 14th Houston won 2-1 over the Yankees
Game 3: on Oct 16th We lost 1-8 against the Yankees
Game 4: on Oct 17th we lost 6-4 against the Yankees
Game 5: on Oct 18th we lost 5-0 against the Yankees but they came back home to change it up!
Game 6: Makaila and I attended and watched our boys win it 7-1
Game 7: on Oct 21st Houston WON THE ALCS 4-0 and were WORLD SERIES BOUND!!!!!!
 
 

There was more High school football gong on and Makaila was living it up for her Senior year...Misty shared these pics and I loved them!



They even went roller skating - how stinking cute are they!!!
 



OMG - I was at work one afternoon and Makaila sent me these.  Her senior yearbook pictures.  I kid you not...I started crying like a complete fool right at my desk!  I don't know if they were tears of joy, fear, pride, anger, or God only knows what - but I could not reel it in!! I was a hot mess!  I'm talking blubbering snot nasty kinda crying!  It was horrible!  Once I got it together I spent the rest of my afternoon sneaking peeks of this beauty just willing time to stop!!


Once we got the announcement that Isabella was chosen for Student Counsel - her daddy took us to another ice cream place he read about in the paper and it did not disappoint!  Stacked was a hit!!That Sunday the girls carved pumpkins at Granma & Grandpa Limon's...turned out great!
 
  
 





We kicked off the last week of October with more baseball!  Seeing our boys back at the World Series was phenomenal!  I'm talking - unreal to the umpteenth degree!  We were up against the LA Dodgers and our Houston Astros were fired up!! I stayed up late watching ever single second of every single game!!!
Talk about some Baseball excitement!!
The World Series kicked off on Tuesday the 24th and we lost 1-3
Game 2: we took in the 11th inning win a win of 7-6 - I was tired the next day at work!!
Game 3: We won 5-3!!! YAAASSSSSSS
Game 4 on the 28th was lost to the Yankees 2-6 (and for the record we were at Lupita and Fidelito's wedding watching the game at our table - sorry guys!! It was a beautiful wedding!)


Game 5: was the most exciting and memorable game in baseball history!  It was in freaking believable.  When we finally won in the 10th inning a with a score of 13-12 you better believe we were screaming and hooting and hollering like no body's freaking business!!! Seriously - google this game highlights - or watch the whole game - I kid you not - BEST FREAKING GAME IN BASEBALL HISTORY...my bias removed!


We interrupted our baseball frenzy for some Halloween fun.  And an Awesome Aubrey surprise!  This beauty showed up tot he Timbers Trunk or Treat event and made Isabella's night!!  We loved us some Aubrey - although you know my sensitive boo-boo was crying tears of joy immediately after seeing her best friend come out from around the car!!!


 
 


 


On Halloween I took Isabella over to the HS for the STUCO Halloween carnival and they had fun. You better believe we made it back home in time to see Game 6 that we lost 1-3 and guaranteed a Game 7......this is it!!!
 

Are you excited for Game 7 - NOT AS EXCITED AS I WAS!!!! Game 7 was on Nov 1st......I'll hurry up with that post!  I know I'm catching up almost a year later - but that doesn't even matter - my level of excitement of Game 7 is high and I am ready to relive it!!! COME ON GAME 7!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.