August 2017 Recap

July 23, 2018

Wow - so going back to the pictures from this month has been awesome.  I hate that I didn't keep up with my posts - but looking back I can see why it became more and more difficult!  We were busy living!  And I do mean living!!  We were busy but boy did we make some great memories and have some fun!!! 


Now please keep in mind ladies - that I updated this a year after it happened, and didn't keep good notes, but I will recap what I can with the pictures we took!  Trust me...we had some fun!!!


We kicked off the month of August with more Astros!  These guys are killing it out there and we are loving every minute of it. 


 




 I spent my first 9/80 of August doing some craft work.  I made lots of shirts with Ceci and some new vinyl stickers and a couple gifts! Finally getting some use from my clearance shirt buys!






 


I took Makaila to her JRC Interview and was so proud of her.  She did great and I sat out there waiting on her - didn't embarrass her at all....WIN for us both! LOL


Sergio had a birthday party to celebrate Brianna this month and we had fun at her Stitch Luau party!



Makaila spent the entire second week in August busy with Flight school.  She has a lot on her plate with being the VP of Student Counsel and we were floored to find out that instead of having to buy a spot - the Principal gift her and Jennely his spots right in front of the school!!  How awesome is that!!!   
I am so excited for this being her senior year!!  I even proudly displayed my SENIOR yard sign!!


I loved how this shirt turned out so I wore it to work....probably not very professional of me....but too late....I wore it and wore it proudly!
 
 

I worked on invites and tags for Lexie's baby shower!  I love babies!!


We had some low key days that included waffle breakfast!  Love us some waffles.
 
On the weekend of the 12th we had Lexie's baby shower.  it was so freaking hot - but I got there a few hours early to help set-up and my sister did a fantastic job.  I set up the photo area and the thank you gifts and the party got started.  She had a great turn out despite the heat!  Great set-up, turn out 

 
 




 
 







The weeks were filled with lots of dance, school work since Makaila took some summer classes, laundry and more laundry.  My baby had to go take her driving test to get her permit and her sister was scared for her.  She was so cute and such a  worry wart.  We drove Makaila over to the driving school, and when she left Izzy asked if we could pray for her safety and God to help her do good.  I had to take a picture of her because it was a moment I wanted you girls to be able to look back on and appreciate!!!  Her driving portion took all of ten minutes and she passed with flying colors.  We took our sealed envelope over to the DPS an stood in the crazy line and an hour or so later...we walked out with  licensed driver!!  See that smile!!!  It fades away soon enough when the requests for drives start happening! LOL But in this moment you were super happy to be a driver!


We wrapped up our Destin packing and headed out for our annual trip!  We love us some Destin fun time and this year the Ramirez's joined us!  We made our first pit stop to check out Chronic Tacos in Alabama.  It was ok...just another place to check off our list.  It did give us a good view of the Alabama shores - something to look into!

 



 We made it to Destin and kicked off our stay with our Bruster's stop!  We love Brusters!!!
 
 You'd think all we do is eat...since all my photos to start were of food places....Bruster's, Hungry Howie's, Krispy Kreme, the Donut Hole, etc!  We do love food! (it's partly true- we travel first and foremost for the food!)


 

 After our bellies were full - we hit the beach! 

 






FOLLOWED BY MORE FOOD!


 


Thor in some crazy antics (at this point Makaila is walking away embarrassed by her mother and sister....OMG...YOU GUYS ARE SO EMBARRASING!!)
 




We hit the Baytown Wharf for some candy, carousel and people watching...not to mention great pictures!



 

 


 



 



 



 
 Our Destin trips usually involve nothing more than beach time, and eating....can you tell.  But these are some of our most favorite memories. This year we rented boats, the kids rented paddle boats and did a banana boat ride, and a whole lot of eating and enjoying the beach! 
 






 
 




We took our annual sunset pictures too.  Danny hates this part of the trip but he is a trooper ad participates unwillingly! LOL




 

 
 
 




 


 
 


  Another successful Destin trip under our belts, we came back to more laundry, and some getting ready for school! 

We found a Nicki Bella action figure in Florida and watching Isabella open it when she got home was in and of itself...a moment to remember!  The joy this action figure brought my baby is unreal! 
 



 


SHE IS WWE OBSESSED!!


We got back in town on the 20th and by the 21st - Makaila nd Jennely had just about finished painting their President and Vice President parking spots at school.  How cool is that???








On Aug 24th we went to meet Isabellas new teacher for the school year, since school was scheduled to start in just a couple days!  I think we are really going to like her! 


Little did we know what mother nature had in store for us!!!  Hurricane Harvey hit Houston and it was a nightmare!  There was massive flooding, road closures, people being rescued constantly...

When they started making warning announcements we naively figured it was just n exaggeration, but I don't think anyone was prepared for what Harvey brought.  it was utter devastation.  Thank God almighty that we were relatively unaffected.  There was flooding and closures all around us.  Homes under 15ft of water, boat rescues, and helicopter rescues all around us.  It was unbelievable.  It was being covered as national news because the raining didn't stop for 4 or 5 days.  Our workplaces all shut down and everyone was in survival mode.





 We spent the majority of our time playing board games and watching the news, for updates in case we too needed to evacuate!





 Eventually by Tuesday things lightened up a bit - and we were able to leave the house and go help out at our church.  There were still people being pounded by rain storms and evacuations taking place all around us.  The stress of watching it on the tv for three consecutive days was too much, so we loaded up everything we could and headed to the church to help.  There were people coming in non stop and others bringing supplies, and organizing.  It was so beautiful.  Seeing so many people work together and help one another in this scary situation was God's love in motion!  I am so grateful that we were safe and that my family was able to help in this.  But the hardest part was seeing the families come in soaked - with a trash bag filled with the only belongings they had left was so hard!! Fear, pain, confusion, angst doesn't even begin to describe what these were feeling!


 On the evening of the 29th - my sister called me at about 1 am to let me know Lexie was in labor and they couldn't get to a hospital.  The one closest to them that they could reach was under water (Baytown), and they couldn't make it in their vehicle to another hospital.  She was in a panic.  I started making calls and suggested she post her need on Facebook (because at this time social media was all we had - most phone lines were down, power was out, and people were asking for rescue via social media apps!!) and it worked.  She posted about her situation, it was shared about 20 times in a matter of minutes and within 30 minutes from her posting , a guy from about 20 miles away showed up to pick her and Lexie up in his lifted pick up to drive them to the hospital!!!  Thank you Jesus for answered prayers.  They made it safely and were admitted.  While it was a stressful and scary situation, and the hospital was short staffed and under powered due to the weather conditions, she was able to safely deliver a beautiful baby girl!!  There were some crazy complications and extremely high stress levels all around - but in the end the baby was healthy and momma was too!  Oh my goodness...her birth story is definitely one for the books. 






Makaila and I waited a few more days for waters to start to recede and roads to open.  Routes were extremely limited and everyone was still advised to stay in their homes,  but we made it safely (against Danny's protest) to meet Baby Analeah!!  She was precious!!!






 





 
 
 
 

 We were still pretty limited to what we could and couldn't do - the entire city of Houston was shut down and so we made the best of the situation by being patient with each other and counting our blessings! 

As a mother - I was freaking out.  I think I am pretty calm in most situations, but Hurricane Harvey was no joke.  it scared the bejeezus out of me.  I was confident for the girls, but boy did it take my prayer life to the next level!  My faith is what kept me calm for the girls, and I am so so grateful for Danny being our rock! 

We were still on Harvey lock down when Isabella turned the big 1-0!  but we didn't let that stop us from celebrating her!  Cole came over to play and enjoy ice cream with the birthday girl, we decorated the house and she opened gifts from her sister and us....that is all from just us....talk about spoiled!!
 



 



 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 


This hurricane business was one of the scariest moments in our lives and I want to end this post just reminding you both that while we are blessed beyond measure in so many areas of life the most important things we have on this earth is each other.  Our safety and health is above all else, and our faith in God is what gets us through the rest!!  I've said it a million times and I'll say it again.....you will only have one sister in this lifetime....LOVE HER!  I love you both more than you will ever know and going through this hurricane ordeal was so scary and eye opening that I want you to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is nothing your dad and I wouldn't do to make sure that you are safe!!! NOTHING!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.