Thanksgiving Rewind

November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving week started out ok.  I worked on Monday and then after work I picked up the girls so they could go to their classes.  I took Izzy to guitar lessons and Danny drove Makaila over to Karate.  Afterwards they packed new bags and we dropped them off to Victoria at the Y.  They were headed back over to Ceci and Rays for a couple days since the kids were there and off while I had to work through Wednesday! 

After we dropped off the girls, Danny took me to dinner at Checkers,  I was on Cloud 9!  I love Checkers Burgers! This is the first one to reopen in the Houston area, and I was in heaven.  I ate my meal and came home happy.  


 On Tuesday, the girls stayed at Ceci and Ray;'s again, so I decided to be good and use my free time wisely.  I brought down our Christmas decor from the attic and put up our tree and decorated the house!! I also picked up pies for Thanksgiving today...so we are ready and a bit ahead of the game! LOL



 On Wednesday, I worked until about 1, and then I picked up the girls.  We stayed at Ceci and Ray's and hung out for the afternoon. We made a trip to Pasadena for some Bath and Body Works stuff and a Target run.  We finally headed home at about 9, and made a pit stop at Wal-Mart to get the rest of what we needed for Thanksgiving.  I came home and chopped all the veggies, and cooked the cornbread for stuffing and then called it a night.  I went to bed!!

Thursday Morning Danny came home from work, and went to bed while I worked on making the cornbread stuffing, and some macaroni and cheese, and at about 2, he got up and we headed over to Sergio's to celebrate Thanksgiving!!We ate, took pictures, played loteria and watched football.  I was missing my family though, and our traditions.  There was no rice for the tamales, no fresh veggies, no Lichi Pie, no gibblet gravy....I was a bit sad about that...but Thankful to be spending it with my little family of 4 all together.






































 We left there at about 11, and made a pit stop at Wal-mart on the off chance they would have their Black Friday laptop still...and by God's grace we got one!! Izzy stayed at Sergio's with Brianna, and I stayed up trying to set the laptop up...It was harder than I thought so I gave up at about 2am and went to bed!!

I woke up at 9 and messed with it again for awhile....trouble was it didn't have the Office code it was supposed to come with!!  I called HP and Microsoft and ended up having to go back to Wal-Mart!  Luckily for me the manager was in good spirits and gave me a free copy of the Office software to fix my problem!! WOHOO!

 I got home and it worked like a charm.  We made several little trips to Lowe's  and Target and then watched some tv.  Finally at about 7 we got ready adn went to my cousin Dago's daughters 15.





 We had a great time and hung out with family.  At about midnight we brought the party back to our house and kept it going until 6:30 in the morning!!

 The guys drank it up and sang karaoke, while Elvie and Sam and I spent our evening cleaning out my kitchen cabinets and the fridge, and stuff.  In the morning we woke up at about 10:30 and had some breakfast.  Danny went back to bed because he had to work that night, but Carlos took off with Tony and Sam, Elvie and I spent the rest of the day out shopping at segundas for things to decorate our house!!

 We shopped till we dropped and the car couldn't fit anything else in it!!  We got home and started painting the dresser I bought for the entry and the kitchen table legs and the corner piece in the living room, and we moves stuff around, and spray painted nick nacks, and talked and laughed all night.  I changed curatins and pillow cases, and the house looked transformed!!  Its amazing what a little color can do!!








 We worked until about 11pm in the morning and then Elvie and Sam left to go work on her house.  I was dog tired, but I kept cleaning and organizing!!  I cut my arm and it was killing me, so I called it quits at 3:30 am and went to bed!!

I woke up early and headed over to Carlos and Angies to pick up Izzy.  I drove from there to Ceci's to pick up Makaila.  We hung out there all day and bought some Shipley's, and I took Ceci on some errands to find the truck.  We went home at a bout 4, and got ready to go to the Nutcracker!!  We were running late and Danny was in a really pissy mood so he ruined it for me before we even left!  We still went and barely made it in for the show.  It was great.  I loved it and so did both of the girls!!






 Afterwards we went to Frank's Pizza and dropped Sam and Tony off then headed home and straight to bed  It was a hectic month...but lets see what December brings!!  I love Christmas!!

Have a blessed week!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.