November - San Francisco.

November 10, 2015

On Tuesday afternoon, I came home from work and we got ready to take Makaila to her taekwondo class...but as we were walking out I saw a snake coil up around the air compressor in our garage...talk about freaking out!!!  I panicked for a minute then got it together and started looking around for a neighbor to help!  As luck would have it either no one was home or out!  I called Nina and Sean and Nine came over to help me "capture the snake.  Although of course by this time it had slithered away into the abyss of a mess we have piled up in our garage!  So instead I took of to the dollar store and bought 4 boxes of moth balls!  I threw them ALL on our garage floor all over the place...and let me tell you ....that stuff is potent..I mean POTENT!!!  It freakin reaked!

I went back inside and watched the Going Clear documentary.....After watching the Leah Remini 20/20 the other night...I am really intrigued and baffled by this Scientology stuff.  While I am curious I have no interest..I love Jesus...just wanted to be clear!  We picked up Makaila from her class and got ready to bed with the comfort of knowing the garage was fully penetrated in moth ball stinch..so no snakes would be getting us (come to find out later that they aren't even repelled by the smell...its a myth! LOL)

On Wednesday night we decided to skip the Wednesday routine of dance and church and go visit Tia Sylvia to pay our respects.  We went and hung out and shared dinner with them and memories and laughter.  It was a good evening!  Also this day my sister called to tell me that my nephew was being sued by his own grandmother (because she is a whack-a-doodle) for custody of his son.  My thoughts on this whole situation are extremely unholy, unladylike, and not good at all - so I will refrain from sharing those personally...but pray for them please cause that lady has fallen off the deep end!

By Friday I was off and running errands all day.  I made several pit stops looking for nothing really...but running around trying to make sure i had all my travel needs, and got a pedicure too.  I picked up the girls from school, and hung out for a bit.  I dropped them off to Ceci in Channelview, then to pick up Erica for the evening.  We had an early morning flight out of IAH to San Francisco.  We ate dinner at Bibo Cafe and then headed home to pack.  I let her watch the ever entertaining Clear documentary while I finally packed my bags!  Sam joined us about an hour later and her and I spent the next two hours trying on close, picking outfits and packing our bags.  We went to bed at about midnight and then got up by 3:30 to get an Uber and head to the airport!  It was our first time ever using Uber...and we were a little scared.  In true Erica fashion, we were about a mile from the house when she realized she forgot her phone and we had to turn around to get it!

We got to the airport, checked in and were San Francisco bound.  I am sad that Nancy didn't join us,...but excited for our first ever sisters trip!

We picked up a car at the airport and headed straight to the Pier.  (Although I will admit - we saw a Goodwill on the way in and we decided the best way to start a sisters trip would be in the Thrift Store...so we spent an hour in there! LOL) It was great...the weather was beautiful, and we were starving...first stop was an In and Out Burger.  I have heard all the rage about these amazing burgers...and let me tell you..I was not impressed.  It was just a plain ole frozen patty burger....with thousand island dressing on it as a secret sauce...big whoop!  I ate the hell out of mine because I was hungry...but if you haven't had one....your not missing out on much!





 We walked up and down the pier just aking ita ll in.  We drove up and down teh winding roads and it was just gorgeous.  It is such a  beautiful city.









 We headed down to Ghirardelli Square for some chopping and it was so cute.  We spent a few hours walking in and out of shops, and just taking all the stuff in...loved it!  I of course bought and ice cream sundae....but was sad that its not even a real factory anymore...they moves all that to another city...so its just  couple chocolate stores...



 Later that evening we headed over to Union Square for some shopping and I met up with my niece Mireya!  She lives literally around the corner...so it was perfect...we went to a nice dinner at Sears Steakhouse...it was yummy.

 The rest of that evening was spent in a Nordstrom make up counter.  Literally....we spent over two hours getting make up tips, and trying products and I wont say who...but one of us spent a pretty penny buying a whole new face regimen!!! and the other two laughed our asses off!  LOL We didn't get got!  I did however buy a new lipstick and got some face cream samples and a new mascara I was pretty excited about!

We headed back to our rooms and relaxed.  It was a crazy day and I can't believe we got so much done in one day!! The next morning we ate breakfast in our hotel - it was kinda yummy!






 We drove back to the pier and got ready for our Alcatraz tour.  I will admit...I wasn't all that excited about this part of the trip...and it was absolutely on of my favorite parts of the trip.  The tour was great.  The facility was interesting...the tour was really cool...I loved it!  I would definately do it again..and if your planning a  trip to San Francisco...a lot at least 3 -4 hours for this tour...there is so much to see!















After Alcatraz we had lunch and did some more pier walking....then we headed out to the Golden Gate Bridge...becuase that is a San Francisco must too!  We took all the obligatory pics and then drove around just chacking out the winding roads and awesome homes and all that cool stuff.  








 After that we drove through a really scetchy part of town adn laughed our butts off...then somehow ended up at a Target! LOL  We bought snacks and stupid crap and headed back to our room with a dinner or pizza and pasta from Target! LOL  We messed around laughing too much and being dumb.  We then started watching the Lifeltime movie about the Cleveland kidnappings..it was crazy...

 The next morning we headed out to Napa Vallaey for our winery tour.  This is me and Sam waiting in the car for Erica...LOL
 This is the entrace to the Robert Mondavi Winery - it was such a gorgeous place!  IT was a kinda misty rainy morning...but I was in love with the place...it was everything I imagined it to be.














 After our winery tour we had lunch at a cute place called Rutherford Grill.  The food was great and the ambiance was great too.  It was still raining a bit outside...but on our way back to San Francisco we stopped into an Outlet Mall and did a little shopping.  We headed back to the Fisherman's Wharf Pier and did the last of our souvenir shopping...then had a nice Pizza dinner and headed back to our room to pack.  It was a quick trip but I loved it.  I definitely want to take my little family there one day!





Early rising and off to the airport we went on Tuesday morning.  We ate breakfast in the airport and I slept on the plane the whole ride back.  Danny picked us up from the airport and was not in good spirits.  He was livid because our bonuses at works had just been cut.  I know its crap...but on the plus side...at least we are not facing layoffs! LOL He clearly didn't want me cheering him up..so I just let him be mad instead.  So although there was no warm welcome for my return...he was nice enough to offer my sister his car.  He loaned it to her for a few days which was very surprising to me and her! She took him up on it...so keep your fingers crossed nothing happens!!  I was tired and no one was in a good mood in our house...so off to bed early I went! The girls loved their souvenirs...so that was nice!  Back to work and let's see what November brings!!  Better spirits in household I hope!





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.