Weekend Rewind

January 28, 2015

This weekend was fantastic.  After a pretty crappy week at work I really needed a pick me up and Danny knows just how to do that!! Early Saturday morning we woke up and headed out for the day!

Danny drove us out to the Texas Hill Country to enjoy the beauty of this great state we call home!











It was still early when we pulled into Roundrock so we strolled through the town and through the dirt roads just taking it all in!!










We pulled into Royer's Cafe which was still closed but we calked over to the Pie Haven and enjoyed the scenery for a moment.  












This whole town is like a breath of fresh air.  I am completely and totally a city girl but I love to make visits to small country towns and get my fill of country chic aura! LOL My favorite part is the giant oak trees...I have a somewhat obsession with beautiful trees!! They just make me smile!!








Finally at 10 am  the Junk Gypsy Store was opened so we took the girls and they loved it.  We spent some time there just checking it all out and then headed back on the road to Warrenton, and Bastrop.



















At about noon we found our selves in the capital of Texas BBQ - Lockhart, Texas.  We had lunch at the World Famous Black's BBQ






We stuffed our faces like little piggies and then strolled through the small town just admiring the old architecture and the quaint beauty!!  I love me some old historic towns a buildings!!




We needed to walk our food off so next thing you know - we were in San Marcos at the Outlets.  We walked around and did some minor shopping for the next few hours until our feet were too tired to hold us up.  But on the plus side we were getting hungry again and since San Antonio wasn't too far away we made the short drive and tried a new place or diner!

Danny had read about a place called Rosario's who was voted the Best Salsa in Texas - so naturally we had to go check it out!!  The place was nothing like what we expected.  it had a retro vibe to it and was a tad too fancy for the liking of a San Antonio Mexican food place...but looks are deceiving.  the food was fantastic.  It was  great choice!!!



Once we finished our dinner - we made the drive back home.  I know - it sounds like we are nuts but we spent our day tracking different cities in our beautiful state letting our worried slip away nad our hearts fill with the glory of God.  I am so blessed and grateful to be married to a man who may not always express his love verbally or show me his affection; but it is in days like these that I am reminded of just how well he knows me and understands me and knows just what I need ever if it hasn't occurred to me!!

We got in kinda late and headed straight to bed.

Sunday Morning was X-Games day at church so we were up early and out the door.

Church Notes:

Choosing the Best Path 

            Our decisions determine our destiny!

Process of the path: 

1. Trust God's word!  Base your decisions on God's word - it is always true and trustworthy. 
2. Seek God's Will - pray and ask God for direction.  Avoid peer pressure, 
                                      Ask Yourself 
               *Will this bring me closer to God? 
               * Will this feed my passion or steal my passion? 
               * Will this require faith or am I choosing it because it's easy?
3. Surrender to God! Seek to glorify God in your decisions.  Ask Godly people for advice.   

Prov. 19:3 reads"people ruin thier lives by thier own foolishness, and then they are angry at the Lord"

By doing these things you will gain : 

A new song: one of peace and joy and hope.  A new passion for him and others.  A song of certainty!

A New Name: one that represents the character and calling God seeks for you!  I tis in surrender that we find the blessings of God.  

A New Heart: if your heart is full of pain or cold or numb - God can give you a new heart with passion for him! 

My prayer: Lord - take away my pride!  Humble me to you Lord.  I know that the path of pride leads to destruction - keep me from this father!  I surrender to you and ask you to bring forth miracles and show me your grace mercy and your love!!  AMEN 


After church we stuck around for some of the fun activities - but not for too long.  Izzy wasn't feeling good at all and we were all a bit tired.




Tony and Sam came over and hung out with us.  We made dinner and they checked out the house across the street (a few doors down).  Issy was a tad over excited a the prospect of having Tony and Sam living so close!!

We watched tv and then called it a night.  The next morning Issy was running a fever and feeling terrible, so I stayed home with her.  I took her into the doctor and she tested positive for Type B Influenza Flu!!  We went home to rest and then that evening we watched God's Not Dead".  It was a great movie!! I highly recommend it.  



Monday and Tuesday I stayed home with Issy and our days were filled with fevers,sad faces and lots of naps and laundry and Lysol!

We stocked up the fridge with veggies and fruits for Danny to juice!



I washed all the towels in vinegar and backing soda to get rid of the mildewy smells and deep cleaned the fridge and pantry!


I hope your house hold stays germ free ...and on the plus side. my work week will be short! LOL 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.