Grandpa Matt

August 5, 2014

My 94 year old grandfather has been having some breathing issues and irregularities with his heartbeat...so he will be undergoing surgery today to install a pacemaker!

My sister Nancy was able to drive to Dallas to be with him and my parents which makes me so happy....she sent me this picture of my dad and my grandpa and it really melted my heart:


I have never been close with any of my grandparents...but it is a true blessing to have a grandfather who is 94 years old and still around!  My kids know him, and a few months back we visited with him and learned alot about our background and family.  Please keep Grandpa Matt in your prayers that his surgery go well...and he have a speedy and successful recovery! 

And on a totally separate note.....my dad has only one remaining sibling alive and they don't speak to one another.  My dad has made attempt after attempt, but some peoples stubbornness and grudge holding knows no bounds....so if you have family....love them and embrace them cause so many others are not so lucky....

Life is too short to be mad at anyone or anything....love the people God has placed in your life, now that you have them instead of having regrets when they are gone!!!

God blessed me with 3 sisters that I love beyond the depth of the universe!! We are all different in our own ways, stubborn, and prideful and strong headed, and beautiful in our own ways...and I love each of them dearly.  I cannot imagine holding a grudge against one of them or choosing to exclude them from my life or that of my children.  They are part of what makes me the person I am, and I am eternally grateful for each of them.  Call your sister or brother today and tell them you love them....tomorrow is not promised!! 

If you have the luxury of having a living grandparent or parent....spend time with them....make memories with them...take pictures and include them in your life.....


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.