Weekend Rewind

July 28, 2014

Friday was the last Friday in July - which means it was scrapbook night!

We got together and did a couple different layouts and then browsed the new catalog (its awesome).
Margaret, Teresea, Andrea, Cynthia and Rose all joined in and it was great.  Hopefully they will keep coming and I can get my hostess club back up and running!!

They were all done by 8, and Isabella went home with Teresea!  Danny came home from work and took Makaila and I to eat at Iguana Joe's.  We sat up and watched a little tv before knocking out for the night.  Saturday morning I woke up and got to cleaning and doing laundry again.  At 9:30 Makaila and I headed out to my nephew David's birthday party!











It was a low key gig with just family but we had a blast.  We had tons of laughs with my parents and nieces and stuff.  We hung out with them until 1 pm, and then headed home.  Makaila and I made a pit stop at the Segunda and got her a couple things she liked.  We took showers and did some laundry and then finally headed out at about 4 to go to the Galleria with my sister and mom.

Traffic in Houston over the weekend sucked.  We made it to the mall at about 5:30 and did alot of shopping (mainly window shopping).  I got Makaila a pair of shoes at Nordstrom (the anniversary sale was still going on and the deals were great).  I got a couple shirts there and a  pair of jeans at Dillard's.  I got Issy a couple things at Gymboree (I had gym bucks that were about to expire).  Makaila got a top at Marshall's and then we called it a night!!  Makaila and I headed home and we were tired.

Sunday morning I woke up and did a little cleaning (Boy - you would think I had a clean house with all the cleaning and laundry I do - but I don't ....it's like a never ending pit of crap day and night!!!!).

Makaila and I got ready for church and at about 9:30 the troops started arriving!  I am so so happy to tell you that we have company for church now just about every Sunday.  This week Ceci, Ray, Victoria, Alec, Karena, Ava, Rose and Jade all joined us for church!!! I LOVE IT!!

Dr. Lowery wrapped up his series and here are the church notes:

Afraid, Alienated and Alone - Not exactly the triple A Life you want to have! 

* Life is like a road trip - God give us signs and we need to be looking out for them and know what they mean. 
* We need to renew our minds.  Learn to think the way God wants you to think and not how society wants you to .  
* We need to increase our energy levels in life by eating better, doing exercise, going to church, etc.  
* Learn how Christianity works!!
* Have a good attitude.  It is a matter of your focus.  Appreciate what you have before time makes you appreciate what you had.  Be where you are and who you are!!
* Know that God sent the best so you could rest!!
* The boss of the world thinks you are wonderful!!

* Renew your mind * Be Sober * Rest your hope fully on the grace brought to you through the revelation of Jesus Christ

The ABC's of Christianity 
A - Adam suit (Know and accept that you will sin adn you will die) 
B - Battle - accept that life is a constant battle with your Adam suit 
C - Christ - He fought the battle we couldn't win.  (Your savior becomes your substitute)
D - DONE - The hard part is done...It's the grace of God that gives you ret. 
E - Enjoy - All God's promises are secure.  His promises are miracles
F - Faith - Its not about how much faith you have but what you have faith in. 

Stop comparing what you have to what others have...you are blessed...enjoy it and embrace it and rest in the knowledge that God loves you and has your battles already won!!!!

After church we all headed over to Culver's for lunch, and then afterwards the kids got Bahama Bucks!!
Everyone headed home, and Makaila and I went back to the Segunda to partake in our 50% off! LOL


We didn't find much, so we headed instead to the Edwards Cinema and watched 'Wish I was Here'.  It was a great movie!! Makaila got money for her birthday...so our movie date was her treat.  I thought that was really sweet!
I paid for our tickets....but she insisted on paying for our popcorn and drink! These girls make me so proud!!

Once our movie was over...we met Teresea at Memorial City  and picked up Issy.  She was on cloud 9.  Her Tia Teresea loves her to pieces and spoils her rotten!  She was full of exciting Circus stories to share.  She gave Makaila a bracelet she made her from Barbie Shrink-A-dinks and gave us each a clown nose she bought for us at the circus.  Then on the drive home she wrote Makaila a note about how much she loved and missed her sister over the weekend! If only they could always be this loving and giving!!!

We got home, made dinner, and then relaxed.  The girls had to get to bed early....Issy goes to Vacation bible School tomorrow morning...and we are pretty excited about that.

Our weekend was pretty low key....and I loved it!! Thank you Jesus for our lives filled with blessing, good health and his glory!!

Hope you guys have a good week!!!




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.