Weekend Rewind - 4th of July

July 7, 2014

What a fantastic weekend!

It was 4 days long and it included a lot of relaxing ,sitting on the couch, finishing the second season of Orange is the New Black (great show - if you haven't seen it - you need too).

Thursday morning I had to call in for a phone conference for work for about an hour and a half.  Then Isabella and I headed out to the Galleria.  Word to to the wise...traffic on 6-10 headed to the Galleria is a nightmare!! I was stuck in it almost an hour and that only got me to 290!  I got off and took back road to get me the rest of the way there.  Issy and I had lunch and then did a little shopping.  I got her a few Frozen things at the Disney store, I bought hangers at Arden B (They were going out of business and I liked the sturdy wooden hangers).  We headed to Nordstrom and I bought a pair of wedges I had my eyes on for awhile, and a bracelet that was on sale for pretty cheap.  I got two shirts at Banana Republic, and then went into Gymboree and bought Issy several cute summer outfits and some dresses for school.  They were having great sale prices, so I ended up getting 6 outfits and 2 dresses for $70...not bad!!

We left there and headed to Dillard's.  I ended up buying several outfits that were marked down tremendously for Issy (school clothes).  I got 14 outfits for her at less than half price, that were all cute and colorful and ruffly...and all in size 6 so they are good for school!

I got a pair of shoes for both Isabella and Makaila and one for myself (for good measure), and after that we headed home!! I was a little scared that I had spent so much, so I headed straight home...no more stops!

Makaila came home shortly after we did, and we all started to clean up the house a bit and then I got to cleaning my closet and replacing all my plastic hangers with the new wooden ones!  I spent the rest of the night cleaning closet and trying on clothes and what not.

Our neighbor Abby came over (Makaila had agreed to baby sit her) at about 9pm, and she played dress up with Issy, and they played dolls and then watched movies until Abby fell asleep.  We all called it a night and when I woke up at 7:30 everyone was still sound asleep.  I talked to Danny for a bit when he came home and then went back to bed!

I woke up again at 9, and still everyone was asleep.  I ate some cereal and at about 9:40 Abby and Makaila finally woke up.  Amy came to get her and paid Makaila, and so instantly she wanted to go to the store! LOL

We woke up Issy, got ready and then I took them to the store.  We ended up at Hobby Lobby because Makaila wanted some art supplies.  While she was at the Davenports house she rekindled her love of drawing and painting...so she used her baby sitting money to but acrylic pains, and media paper, and canvases and paintbrushes!! I was impressed!

We came home and while Makaila painted a new picture for Alec, I worked on the fabric monogramming kit I bought at Hobby Lobby! LOL

We did our respective crafts for a few hours and then at about 4, we got ready and headed over to Tio Ernie's to celebrate the 4th of July!!!

We stopped and bought drinks, waters, cake, chips, dips, avocados, and some wine!  The rest of the evening was spent, eating, laughing, playing Uno, and having fun with family!  It was very relaxing and fun!



















We got home really late on Thursday...it was after 1 am! We took the party seriously! LOL
We slept in a little on Saturday and at about 10, I went to the groceries and started baking cupcakes,and brownie cookies.  I finally woke the girls up at about noon, and they got ready, we headed to another store for food, and then got home at about 3:30...we got Danny up and then we all headed out to Ernie and Sarahs for party #2!  We decided to follow up our 4th of July party with a little birthday gathering to celebrate Carlos and Makaila's birthdays!

We ate frito pie, and chicken tostadas, and then we all sang Happy Birthday with some homemade cupcakes, and spent the rest of the evening lounging and laughing and munching!  Lovely!









Sunday morning was just as great.  We woke up and got ready for church as a family.  Ceci Ray and Victoria and Makaila showed up at about 9:30 and we finished up getting ready and then headed to church.  it was great...Dr. Lowery is giving a 5 week teaching on Stress called "All Stressed up and No where to Blow.....LOL I love love love Dr. Lowery so I was pretty syched!  Not to mention I was Doc in the lobby which meant worship service would be extra special this Sunday!  He gets things grooving when he is in our church!

Church Notes:
* Make progress and have peace  - Do not let your worth be determined by your work!
* A magic trick to not getting all stressed out is exercise...we ned to be physically able to handle ourselved in order to absorb and handle the stress!
* If your a couch potato, you'll eventually become a Grouch potato and maybe even a mashed potato! LOL (Dr. Lowery's analogies are the best)
* The joy of the Lord is our strength
* If your running out of smiles - then take that as a warning that your close to being burned out!
* You can relax when you have total trust in the Lord
How to feel the BEST
B - create boundries and know the good from the bad
E - Enjoy.  Joy on the inside is the best way to handle stress on the outside
S - Serve - do for others
T - Tell yourself who you are

Do you want to have peace in your progress - its all in how you think!

* If you can see God in the situation: then you can see God in it
* Most people love gripping and complaining ; focus instead on the things that make you happy.
* If you give people the power of your focus - you will be miserable
* Live your life in a pace of grace!
* If your looking down your depressed : if your looking around your stressed ; if your looking pup - your smiling!!

Church was great!! I had a wonderful time and enjoyed the message, the worship, the company - all of it!!

Once service was over - we decided to all go out to eat lunch together at Italiano's.  The food was great.  We stuffed our faces, then the Ramirez's headed home and so did we!  We sat around, and I watched some tv, then got bored.  Danny took a nap and I took off to get a pedicure!! (Long over due too).  I came back and it was storming.  Danny had gone to pick up Zoe who will be stay with us all week (Makaila's "bestie" who moved away this school year - so she is pretty excited!).  We all headed to Lowe's and then to Bahama Bucks for a mid afternoon treat!



We got home from Bahama Bucks and I checked movie times, then headed out solo once again to watch Tammy at the movie tavern! It was hilarious!! It was a great movie....I wish Danny would have joined me - but he didn't want to go (and never does), so I didn't let it stop me! I enjoyed the movie solo, then came home and got ready for the week.

Our weekend was fun, slow, and perfect.  Danny was off Saturday and Sunday and I loved having him around for a change!

He is on vacation soon - so I will get to see him plenty.  As a matter of fact - we will be pretty busy traveling for the next few days.  We are headed to World Championships in Little Rock this coming weekend, then to Vegas, and then I have a girls trip in San Antonio, and a business trip to Chicago - so we will hopefully get to enjoy some quality time together soon enough!!


We hope you have a good week, filled with smiles instead of stress!!!




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.