January 2018 Recap

August 30, 2018

Ok - so I will be honest with you - I have no clue what the heck we did on New Years.  Its been 8 months since then and I  can barely remember what I did last week.  I failed miserably in my keeping notes, and updating my calendar so this month will be a highlights month of sorts! 

The girls made homemade pizza...which we decided was not a success and we will stick to ordering Domino's! 

Danny and I went out to a fancy lunch in January to kick off intentional dates together but we determined that we don't eat enough to make places like Fogo De Chao or any buffets worth the money we spend.  Not only that but the food was great...its just freaking expensive.....you know we love food and trying things but I highly doubt we will be hitting up another overpriced Brazilian steakhouse!!! It was a good experience though :)

 
Makaila became an official JRC Committee member!  Doesn't she look  freakin cute!!?!?!

 
 We went to the main campus for the George Springer appearance.  He came to our church to talk about his love of Jesus!  How awesome is that....Makaila was hard crushing from the 4th row! LOL
 We also hit up a few new ice cream places...it did not disappoint!

 
Isabella had her first official Dance Competition out in Conroe boy did I get in over my head!  This competitive dance thing is for the birds!   IT was a long LONG weekend...and I failed miserably by not getting a  room so we were up and moving by 5 am both days....it almost killed me...but look at that simle...it was worth it for that and that alone!


The free time we had - was spent exclusively dress shopping for prom.....and I didn't hate it! LOL

 
 
 

None of these dresses were winners but spending the day with my girls shopping and laughing was good times!

We had another batch of snow come through Houston and the office and roads shut down for a couple days in January....here is the proof!

 
Look how cute....Isabella had the infamous 5th grade Manners banquet...and it was adorable!  I took the day off work and served as a waiter volunteer! LOL  Just to be there to see my baby girl...and I'd serve water and clean plates all over again if I had the chance....I loved it!!  My babies are growing up so fast and I want to be there for everything!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Another intentional date night for Danny and I was going to House of Blues with Cynthia and Gilbert to see the Journey tribute band....it did not disappoint!! We had fun!!!
 


This was followed up by another dance competition at K-Park which I did not take too well to.  I had a total mom fail moment.  I was not prepared for the LONG day and we arrived at about 7 am...and by 9pm that night I was frazzled, hangry, and just plain not nice.  I hate that because Isabella was so happy to be there.....but dang this competitive dance stuff is no joke.... I need to plan better, pack snacks, a book, a pillow, some stress balls....SOMETHING anything...to make this better!  She did great, but sadly by the time it ended at 10:30 that night (actually buy the time we walked out - because awards were still steady going)...we were all just glad to be headed home!!  




We wrapped up January with what else...more prom dress shopping! LOL

 
 

 
 


And a one day walk in class of Brazilian Ju Jitsu.....WOWSERZ!!!  You go girl!!
 



So just as a little reminder to you....I do this blog for you guys.  For my daughters.  I don't think anyone else in the world gives two craps about what our days look like.  Why would they...we aren't THAT exciting.  But I do it for the two of you to have a place where you can go back and be reminded of how blessed you are.  Of how good our life is.  Is it perfect...HELL NO! But you guys are blessed in so many ways.  God is good to us.  We are all healthy, we are happy, we live a good life.  We have a million things to be grateful for.  I don't want you to take any of that for granted!  I do these posts for you to have to look back on when your older to laugh, to be encouraged, to know that you are never alone.  We might have great moments, and memories, but our life is scattered with failures and mistakes too...we are far from perfect.  Every trial we are given...we have overcome.....WHY.....because we are children of the most high God!  Because God is for us...he has plans to prosper us....and that He does.  All the time!  These posts are proof of that!  Let this recap be a reminder of how good our life is, how much we have to be grateful for and how much more is still to come!  Life is getting better and better and I am so grateful to be living this life with you guys!  I love you more than words could ever express!!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.