The countdown Continues

June 15, 2015

This past week was no let down.  Our Monday afternoon was filled with antics like usual.  Isabella lost another tooth and left it on the kitchen table....well I cleaned the kitchen table and did not see a tooth or notice one while cleaning...long story short...the tooth went missing and Isabella was in a panic.  This caused a plethora of tears because how would the tooth fairy come pay her for her tooth if there was no tooth to collect...the world was about to end!

Instead we wrote a note to the tooth fairy to let her know what happened and hope she understood.  You see Isabella's mommy took the time to explain to her how the tooth fairy business works to help calm the nerves...and in case you are ever cause in a similar situation..let me school you on tooth fairy business....Every time a boy or girls looses a tooth the tooth fairies here a bell and they get the data assigned to them by the tooth fairy director...so they automatically know if you are telling the truth or not....and then that night...they go to all the houses they are assigned (based on the bell rings throughout the day).  So even if you loose the tooth or accidentally swallow it (don't mention this possibility unless it really happens - causes more hysteria than its worth) or have it stolen or whatever...the tooth fairy is still gunna come and you can explain to her what happened and she might still leave you the tooth money.....so we did just that, and took our chances!

(and in case you cant make that fine print on the bottom out it is a waiver from her mommy to the toothfairy that reads:"she is telling the truth...you can call me if you need to - Sonia (mom)"

The rest of my week was filled with stupid drama.  My mom called every other day to add people she forgot to invite (most of whom I didn't know), and then to tell me my cousin didn't receive his invitation and was butt sore and making a big stink over it, and that I needed to start calling to confirm people received their invitations and start making personal phone call invites, etc.....It was stressful and ridiculous and much more than I was willing to deal with.  With the stress at work, and trying to tie up loose ends and get things in order and the kids to practice...that last thing I was trying to do was call and kiss peoples butts because they were not happy with their form of invitation or the timing of them, or whatever...my mom was not happy with my reply and I was ok with that.

I told her she could call whomever she would like and make reassurances or help to calm peoples nerves, but I myself did not have the time or interest in doing so....if they came great and if not...non big deal...the party will go on!

By Friday I was exhausted and very impatient...pray for me to have Gods race....because I am running out of steam!

After work I went with Danny to the liquor store to buy more wine and sponsor bottles and then we had dinner at the Catfish Kitchen....then went to another father daughter practice.  It is awesome to see them dancing together and I must admit...I get teary eyed and feel so special...I'm hoping if I get it all out now then I wont cry on the day of.  After practice we had some pie with the Colons.  It was a great evening of laughter and silliness and yumminess!



Saturday morning we went shoe shopping with Brenda.  She is the sponsor for Makaila's first heels and so off to the Galleria we went to buy some princess shoes for the princess.  We hit up several stores but ended back up in the first store we visited to buy these beauties.  They were perfect!!  Thanks Tia Brenda....



We spent the majority of the day shopping and so by the time we were done we met up at the in-laws to go to the Astros game.  I bought a pack of 30 tickets for the entire Limon family to go and have a nice family outing.  I was so excited that there was literally a group of 30 of us and it was also Faith and Family night - so Mercy Me was giving a concert after the game!! WOHOO!!

The game was nice - although the little kids pissed Olga off becuase they were making noises with some toys Rose brought, and then Sergio had to leave our seats because they were too high, and my thighs were sticking tot he seat...but hey what a family outing without some issues and discomfort! LOL

We went down low for the concert and it was fantastic.  Everyone stayed and I was feeling pretty damn lucky! I love Mercy Me and the Astros..but they are a million times better when surrounded by people you love!





















On Sunday morning we went to church.  Danny had to work but Marc came with Ceci and the kids.  It was great to see him.  I'll let you in on a great example of how God is good....on Saturday Danny was headed over to his parents to meet us for the game and had tried calling both Elaine and Fidel because we had an extra ticket but neither one answered, so he drove by there and Marc was outside...he pulled up and asked him if he wanted to go and of course he joined us.  Marc told us later that he doesn't even know why he was standing outside, but he was glad he did because if he hadn't been he wouldn't have been able to go with us.  And then after the game and concert...as we drove back Marc said he really liked the concert and felt like the singer was talking to him specifically when he gave testimony and encouraged people to come to Christ and that he would love you unconditionally and so forth....he asked to join us for church and I could not be happier....every little thing matters!

So Sunday's message was:

Slaying the Giant of Bitterness  - 
* Bitterness and unproductive giant
* Bitterness is a self destructive giant.  
* Forgiveness is the only thing that conquers bitterness.  
* God can turn your bitterness to blessings
1. The cause of bitterness is uncertainty.
          - The desert of unrealistic expectations 
          - The desert of unmet needs   
          - The desert of unforgiven mistakes 
- anger hurts relationships but bitterness kills them- 
2. the choice of forgiveness (it heals)
          - forgiveness is not about feelings 
          - forgiveness is not minimizing the hurt 
          - forgiveness is not the same thing as trust  (trust takes time to build/rebuild)
3. The covenant of blessings  - 
          - never steal Gods Glory 
          - vengeance is his - he will right every wrong

It was a great message with great people!

After church we went to Culver's for lunch and stuffed our faces! LOL  We picked up Cory and then headed over to Tio Ernie's for the kids to have practice again.  We dropped lunch off to Danny in downtown and then off to practice.  The kids danced for a good while and then I stopped by my sister Nancy's to hang out for a bit.  She has a crawfish cook -out but since I was having practice with the kids I missed it.  I still go to see them all for a few minutes.

I came home and made meatballs for idner adn then called it a night! the Quinceanera is this weekend coming up adn I am getting pretty freakin excited!!







Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.