August 2015

October 8, 2015

This month flew by and was filled with fun and chaos - just how we like it.

We started August off with lots of music!  On the 4th I picked up the girls from Ceci's and we had a girls night date on a Tuesday night.  We had dinner together at Spaghetti Warehouse and then headed over to the Bayou Music Center for an R5 and Jacob Whiteside concert!! Oh my goodness....I did not have a clear understanding of what I was getting myself into - but it was worth every cent, every foot ache, every bruise!  We were right by the stage and Issy was in heaven. Despite the fact that we were smooched completely like pancakes, the smell was not very pleasant and Makaila and I had to take turns carrying Issy on our shoulders...I had a blast too!   She said it was the best day of her whole life!! She was in cloud 9, and Makaila was on super hyper cute guy alert! LOL

I loved seeing my girls so happy and enthralled!  They took a million pictures and selfies and they sung along, and cheered and danced..it was awesome!!















Later that week I was able to use the birthday gift Makaila gave me and her and I along with Ceci and Victoria enjoyed the Hillsong Concert at the Toyota Center.  Only it wasn't just Hillsong - it was about 10 artists from all over and it was amazing!  We had a great time.  We sang, shared in communion, danced and laughed and had a blast.  Another late night during the week - but worth being tired in the morning!!  Thank you baby girl for the amazing gift!! I loved every second of it!












Isabella enjoyed a slumber party at her Friend Natalee's house! Then we went to see Emma in her dance recital - which was awesome.  it was also a wake up moment for me.  I wish I would have taken a  picture of Isabella enjoying the show.  She was literally mesmerized with the dancers.  I felt like a horrible mother because this girl has been asking me to do dance for the last two years and I haven't let her because we do karate.  I am definitely rethinking that choice and looking into some local schools.  I am not in any way ready for competition dance teams or dance moms...but if just watching a recital can light her face up like that....its unfair for me to keep her from it!



August also brought with it an impromptu vacation of sorts.  We hadn't planned on any travel this summer since we had the big expense of Makaila's Quinceanera...however it turned out that this year we traveled more than any other year! LOL  So we decided to add one more and took a 3 day trip to Destin, just to keep tradition going! We took my in-laws again this year and my brother in law Sergio and his family met us up there too.

We had a good time for the most part...but this trip involved a lot of waiting around, indecisiveness, Issy was stung by a Jellyfish and Makaila lost her glasses in the ocean! So when it came time to leave...we were ready to come back...



























We recovered pretty quickly from our trip and got ready for the start of yet another fabulous school year!!

The girls took their mandatory back to school pics....which I take so much pleasure in!












 We met Issy's teacher Mrs. Bollig on the first day of school.  When we went to prep night the week before they had her with the same teacher as last year (and we didn't have the best of school experiences with her so we requested a class swap...)  We were happy with the change.

we celebrated a successful first week of school with Scrapbook night followed by a weekend of Birthday celebrations.

































Issy's party was fantastic.  She really wanted a Nerd theme party - We even had a Nerd Photo Session to pick the perfect nerd pictures....look at some of the contenders: 













 However - the party ended on a bad note....Ireland and Cole were playing a friendly game of basketball which ended abruptly when they butted heads.  Cole was hurting! But being the muscular and hot bodied little man he is...he took it like  trooper and bounced back quickly!


 Issy received some build a bear gift cards at her party that were burning a hole in her pockets!  We had to immediately go to the build a bear and make a new bear and buy it a new wardrobe....Issy was in birthday girl heaven.

 On the day of her birthday we closed out the month celebrating her birthday!  I stayed home from work....decorated the house for the birthday girl...and joined her for lunch.




 While she was at school I also took advantage and went out to buy us some Blue Bell....There was a Blue Bell epidemic in which we did without this treasure for several months....so I stood at Wal-Mart with a few other crazies to make sure I got some! LOL This is a good explanation as to why my pants keep getting tighter and tighter! LOL





 When Issy got home I surprised her with the one book she wanted for her birthday...she read it in 2 days flat! She is a true book work like her mother! For her birthday she also start guitar lessons (which she loved), and enjoyed dinner together at Cracker Barrel! Id say it was a pretty fantastic birthday!


That was the jist of our August.  I am finally caught up so I will go back to my weekly updates.  I know I have said that before and failed...but I'm trying!  The whole point of this blog for me is to track our memories and build a source of joy and reality for my kids so they can periodically go back and look at all the blessings in their life and be thankful for all the things they have and the joys they experience and more than anything be reminded of the love their world encompasses.  I think with all the tragedy and chaos of this crazy world, everyone should have a source of joy and I hope this is one for my girls.  Have a blessed week and I'll see you back next week to start up September!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.